HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:32 PM
stapher1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buckster55
Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted several legislators to OPPOSE this, and have encouraged other hunters to do the same. All this is, is another gameless commission charade, step "E" of the progressive deer eradication plan. And that is ALL that this is about.

I also happen to think other folks have very legitimate complaints, but as a hunter, the biggest problem has been found to be LACK OF GAME in the lapsed hunter survey. Adding more nonwork/nonschool days to an already long season with waaaaay too many tags is not the way to fix the problem. Firings at pgc IS.
The state makes more money having them animals, then what is the PGC gaining by exterminating the deer? This just insane and not even intelligent and your the first person i've EVER heard say that.

Why would you oppose giving a guy a chance to hunt on what maybe the only two days to hunt (sunday & saturday). What you NEED TO OPPOSE IS the number of doe tags issued in your WMU. Not the chance for a guy to take his kids hunting.

In western Pa, we don't have a lack of game, i don't know who you tells you that, maybe you need to look at the harvest report a little harder, it's always the highest harvest's of the state year after year.