HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   All PA hunters, urgent (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/352101-all-pa-hunters-urgent.html)

bronko22000 10-24-2011 07:39 AM

All PA hunters, urgent

This is in regard to HB 1760 coming up for vote in the PA house very soon. This bill would remove the prohibition on Sunday hunting and finally make it legal. I just called my representative's office and he has received 80% of the calls to vote NO on this!
All you hunters in PA need to call your representative immediately and tell them to vote YES (in favor of) HB 1760 if you want to begin hunting on Sundays.
This is no joke. Those of us who work all week will still be only allowed to hunt on Saturdays if this is not passed.
Call as soon as you read this so you don't forget.

Mr October 10-24-2011 10:31 AM

Call is being placed !

hatchet jack 10-25-2011 04:54 AM

Won't Pass!!!! but i will call!!!1

Big Bullets 10-25-2011 05:26 AM

Bronko,

I know many hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting. As I stated previously, in another thread, I cannot support that idea.

I feel that the game need some time to recover from the hunting pressure. I know that there is less hunting all week then there is on Saturday but, I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game. As it is, deer numbers are down from what I can see in the last few years. Sunday hunting will only make things worse.

vapahunter 10-25-2011 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Big Bullets (Post 3866106)
Bronko,

I know many hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting. As I stated previously, in another thread, I cannot support that idea.

I feel that the game need some time to recover from the hunting pressure. I know that there is less hunting all week then there is on Saturday but, I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game. As it is, deer numbers are down from what I can see in the last few years. Sunday hunting will only make things worse.

Would you advocate having a Tuesday or Wednesday for a non hunting day for the same purpose?

Also why does it not seem to be a problem in 44 other states?

vapahunter 10-25-2011 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 3865618)
This is in regard to HB 1760 coming up for vote in the PA house very soon. This bill would remove the prohibition on Sunday hunting and finally make it legal. I just called my representative's office and he has received 80% of the calls to vote NO on this!
All you hunters in PA need to call your representative immediately and tell them to vote YES (in favor of) HB 1760 if you want to begin hunting on Sundays.
This is no joke. Those of us who work all week will still be only allowed to hunt on Saturdays if this is not passed.
Call as soon as you read this so you don't forget.

The calls for a "NO" vote are from PETA and HSUS phone trees and many are not even residents of PA. There is an effort by these organizations to stifle the rights of land owners and hunters. They will do what ever they can to not lose in another state. Ask you representative's offic eif they check on where the caller is from by using a Caller ID. then get everybody out there to call in from PA to show thier support.

Terasec 10-25-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Big Bullets (Post 3866106)
Bronko,

have seen that argument used
and have to disagree
i hunt PA and NY(NY has sunday hunting)
i see less pressure in NY than i do in PA
without sunday hunting weekend hunters are forced to try to fill their tags on 1 day of the week,
i can spend days in the woods in NY and not see a single person,
cant say the same in PA

as for PA being against sunday hunting,
i think alot of it has to do with fear of out of towners coming in filling tags,
that fear i believe is unfounded
as you look at game commissions license/permit sales/revenue
small percentage is to non res. something like 10% is to non res.
PA is not a friendly state to non res,

as for deer needing a day of rest?
season dates for reg rifle season is very limited
11-28 / 12-10 for antlered thats just 2 weekends in the season,

also many want sunday hunting for other than just deer
such as weekends for small game hunting,

have heard arguments for sunday ban, but none of them are very valid,

Terasec 10-25-2011 06:17 AM

just called
Doyle Heffley District 122
Typical politician,
staff wouldnt answer where he stands on the issue,
i let my position be known

bowtruck 10-25-2011 10:04 AM

I am in high hopes they finnaly pass sunday hunting.
No valid reason not too.

bronko22000 10-25-2011 05:58 PM

The argument my legislature stated (Masser) is that if it is passed, land owners will close their land to hunting. Why not have the PGC supply these landowners with signs that state "No Sunday Hunting - Hunting by Premission only" or something similar?