Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
This season so far >

This season so far

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

This season so far

Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DennyF
That h'ain't funny.

Oh, yes it is.
And who asked YOU?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned

"my hunting here in PA was 10x better than the time I spent in Ohio"
Interesting Rybo. Don't hear that very often. In fact, for me, its a first.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing about this site,I'm gonna get some laughs reading the posts.

Doug,hard telling where those grouse will be.They move along with the food which this time of year is alot of buds.South side ridge maybe.We'll find them.

Manyspurs said about wrecking his car.We left the cabin Saturday morning only to find out the roads were a sheet of us.Made it out to the hard road and said I aint going any farther until the salt trucks come.Well sure enough here he came down the hill.And there he went sliding down the hill through a fence and into a barnyard.The cows all chit themselves.I parked the truck on the side and walked back to the cabin to wait things out.Got back later then I wanted Sunday.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF
That h'ain't funny.

Oh, yes it is.

And who asked YOU?
Thought it was funny too even iff'n no one asked

Good to see you on here Rich! How ya been?

Passed some small bucks early and put a couple of does in the freezer. one from a timber co DMAP in 2F and one from near home. Looking forward to late archery season. My late season sweet spots are looking good.

Took a heavy horned 10 and a big coyote out in the midwest with the bow but busted out there with the gun.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
It ain't funny and proves he is dumber than a stump.

Dumber than a stump?Personally,I like ole Kev and appreciate his sense of humor.I also know he's probably a much better hunter than me and respect what he has to say.I don't always agree with his outlook and reasons for the way things are but I don't discount them either.Either way,it was a friendly jab, not an insult and I'm sure he took it that way.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Interesting Rybo. Don't hear that very often. In fact, for me, its a first.
I used to hunt Ashtabula county in Ohio.The guy I hunted with has a camp in 2F but lives in Ohio.He kills a world class buck almost every year in Ohio but he'll even tell you that he sees more deer in 2F.The first time I hunted out there,he told me not to expect to see more deer than I see back home.I hunted there for 3 days the first time and only saw 5 deer entire time and I hunted from dark to dark all three days.Like anywhere else,some days are better than others but on the farms I hunted,deer sightings weren't much different than around here.One of my best friends still hunts those farms every year and it's pretty close to what he sees here.The big difference is what you have a good chance of seeing.Obviously,not all areas are the same.They have some deep snows during winter up there and alot of Amish,both of which impact the deer numbers.

Intersetingly,this guys camp in 2F is directly accross the road from Dr. Trout's place.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

"I used to hunt Ashtabula county in Ohio.The guy I hunted with has a camp in 2F but lives in Ohio.He kills a world class buck almost every year in Ohio but he'll even tell you that he sees more deer in 2F.The first time I hunted out there,he told me not to expect to see more deer than I see back home.I hunted there for 3 days the first time and only saw 5 deer entire time and I hunted from dark to dark all three days.Like anywhere else,some days are better than others but on the farms I hunted,deer sightings weren't much different than around here.One of my best friends still hunts those farms every year and it's pretty close to what he sees here.The big difference is what you have a good chance of seeing.Obviously,not all areas are the same.They have some deep snows during winter up there and alot of Amish,both of which impact the deer numbers."

Have hunted trumbull county up "that way" and seen far more deer than here on average per day. However the higher deer section of ohio is the southeast. Higher than any wmu in Pa currently.

To compare ohio to Pa is useless. It like comparing a super model to Rosie Odonnell. And thats no exaggeration. There is absolutely no comparison. Ohio is basically an "elite" deer hunting state with areas of very good numbers and a very good (comparatively)chance for some very good bucks and is home to some world class bucks, throughout the state And Pa is scraping the bottom of the barrel on all counts. To even insinuate the two have anything in those regards in common, or worse speak of Pa as being "better" in those regards is a real insult to Ohio imho.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-15-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Going back to the spring season, I only hunted two states this in 2009. My WV, PA and NY trips were cancelled due to health issues I had. Tagged out in NH plus filled my two VT tags. My fall season wasn't a bad this year. I've had better and I've also had worse

NH 6-7/8" 10lb bearded hen with bow
NH 129lb doe with bow
NH 200lb 8pt with bow
VT 153lb 8pt with rifle
Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seasons going just fine here. Got out for a few hours tonight with the bow and had a nice mature buck at 15 yards. Of course it's does only till after Christmas but I'm pretty confident that this is a buck I let walk last year and If so, I've already got his pattern pegged pretty good.
let couple of does walk a little later but this spot will be hands off now till Dec 26th so I don't blow him outta there!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

So a great white hunter like you thinks the season is just fine when he couldn't harvest a decent buck during 6 weeks of archery and 2 weeks of the concurrent season? Don't you have anything better to do than than look for a new decoration for your wall?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.