Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Where is everyone???? >

Where is everyone????

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where is everyone????

Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE View Post
I have unusual hunting because I don't sit and complain when I fail to see deer in the same old spots.I follow the changing food sources throught the year and I find the deer.I rarely every kill a deer in the spot in consequtive spots.The deer's habitat and food sources change too rapidly.I killed a doe from a spot the first day of archery season.I let my one buddy hunt that spot the rest of the seaon and by the fourth week he stopped seeing deer altogether.There was no mast and after the frost killed everything green,the spot dried up.

All Hail! The great was has spoken!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

A couple of pics from Lincolnland........
Attached Thumbnails Where is everyone????-09ilbuck.jpg   Where is everyone????-2009coyote.jpg   Where is everyone????-tjbuck.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by DougE View Post

I have unusual hunting because I don't sit and complain when I fail to see deer in the same old spots.

What? Do you mean to tell us you actually take matters into your own hands and find deer to hunt.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter View Post

Nice pics, looks like you got things done out there.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

boy, they are big horn bucks out there.unreal
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Still alive and kickin' fellas. Been busy. Also hunting just about every available second and pulling stands before the orange army commences etc.

Was after 2 nice buck one in low 140's class and the other hadda be pushin' 150 gross. Couple close calls but closest calls were approx. 50 yards once on each! Saw one twice the other 3 times, once from the truck. No shot. No dice. they were leaving giant thigh sized rubs everywhere.

Ended up a day late and a dollar short. Settled on a much smaller nothing special 8 that i passed on 3 different times during last two weeks. Took him second to last day in the evening for the sake of jerky and saving myself from going rifle season with the bow. Already itching for next year. My greatest enjoyment period of the year is now over, now the work begins... Bird dogging for every motherless son of a gun that I know who thinks I owe them a seasons worth of drives every year! lol.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasnt scored yet, and have a happy thanksgiving.... You too beard.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 11-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Couple nice set of chairs on them thar deer. Congrats bud!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08 View Post
Still alive and kickin' fellas. Been busy. Also hunting just about every available second and pulling stands before the orange army commences etc.

Was after 2 nice buck one in low 140's class and the other hadda be pushin' 150 gross. Couple close calls but closest calls were approx. 50 yards once on each! Saw one twice the other 3 times, once from the truck. No shot. No dice. they were leaving giant thigh sized rubs everywhere.

Ended up a day late and a dollar short. Settled on a much smaller nothing special 8 that i passed on 3 different times during last two weeks. Took him second to last day in the evening for the sake of jerky and saving myself from going rifle season with the bow. Already itching for next year. My greatest enjoyment period of the year is now over, now the work begins... Bird dogging for every motherless son of a gun that I know who thinks I owe them a seasons worth of drives every year! lol.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasnt scored yet, and have a happy thanksgiving.... You too beard.
Sounds like you had a safe, successful bow hunt. Congrats on your 2009 buck.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BT, Great Buck and real nice Dog!! I shot a decent 8pt on Nov 6th here in PA 5c Bucks Co, That took some of the sting out of the 8pt I lost out there in Lincoln Land. Not much though!! That one still hurts!!Congrats to all you PA Guy's that scored and good luck the rest of the year. I will be going to my camp in Pike Co rifle season to push around and help drag out deer and do some scouting! I have a Doe tag that I don't think I will use! The deer #'s are down on the SGL's that we hunt. There are some nice Bucks though to be had. I missed a Monster last year, but thats another story! Again GOOD LUCK BT and to all you PA guy's hunting next week!! BE SAFE!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by livbucks View Post
I was busy hunting for the most part. I had a hell of a ride the last week of archery. One of our gang got the biggest buck of his career to this point. My brother missed a huge 8 point and I shot over the back of a tremendous 9 point on the last Friday of the season. I caught this buck in a pattern he was following every day at about 4 pm. He would walk the perimeter of his valley checking for does and would walk a creekbed ever day. I set up in the valley on Friday and sure enough, here he comes! He came out at 18 yards. I was uphill (very steep) in a tree about 25 feet. He hit the opening and I settled the pin behind his shoulder and let fly. I was shooting straight down and I guess the angle screwed me as my arrow flew over him. He wheeled around and walked about 20 yards into the thick and stood there for 10 minutes. Then he walked uphill behind me, but it was too thick to get a shot. He milled around for awhile and then walked over the top and out of sight. DAMNED FRIDAY THE 13th! LOL! I had seen him several times and he is a very big 10 point that just failed to grow that g4 on the one side, hence 9 points. I would venture to say he was 20 inch spread with 12 inch g2 points. The mass was to die for! He still lives and I will be after him again soon. I gotta say that there are a ton of nice bucks this year. AR is working good for us. The buck that our guy got is pictured:
NICE BUCK!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.