HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is everyone????
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Cornelius08
Banned

Still alive and kickin' fellas. Been busy. Also hunting just about every available second and pulling stands before the orange army commences etc.

Was after 2 nice buck one in low 140's class and the other hadda be pushin' 150 gross. Couple close calls but closest calls were approx. 50 yards once on each! Saw one twice the other 3 times, once from the truck. No shot. No dice. they were leaving giant thigh sized rubs everywhere.

Ended up a day late and a dollar short. Settled on a much smaller nothing special 8 that i passed on 3 different times during last two weeks. Took him second to last day in the evening for the sake of jerky and saving myself from going rifle season with the bow. Already itching for next year. My greatest enjoyment period of the year is now over, now the work begins... Bird dogging for every motherless son of a gun that I know who thinks I owe them a seasons worth of drives every year! lol.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasnt scored yet, and have a happy thanksgiving.... You too beard.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 11-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.