Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Where is everyone???? >

Where is everyone????

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where is everyone????

Old 11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1 View Post
It takes two to tangle and BT picked up his marbles and went home.

Watch what you say. I'm worried a little about Bob. He has been gone for a very long time and it seems a little out of the ordinary.
I know I could track down his number if I tried. I'm hoping we hear from him soon.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by livbucks View Post
I'm worried a little about Bob. He has been gone for a very long time and it seems a little out of the ordinary.I know I could track down his number if I tried. I'm hoping we hear from him soon.
You are right livebucks. Dos seem a little strange that Bob has been away this long. Even Jim and Corn. Hope it's been the hunting keeping them away and nothing serious.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I check on here most days but I'm kinda burned out on the same old discussions and debates.I've had less time to hunt this year than usual but have had the best start of my season in my entire hunting career with a nice 8 point taken and several doe.I've also been scouting some new spots on public land when I get the chance and found a few spots that are pretty promising.I've been to the one spot the last two weekends.It's a steep,remote spot that was heavily timbered about 5 years ago.I saw several deer both times including one very nice buck and an almost pure white doe.This past saturday I was up there scouting and looking for bear sign and I jumped between 15-20 grouse.That's something I haven't seen in quite a few years.I also saw quite a bit of turkey sign.I have a dmap tag for that area so I plan on going up there with my one buddy next monday.I have no idea what to expect pressure wise so I'm not sure how we'll have to adapt.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Guys! Just got back from Illinois about two hours ago. Cell service is a challenge out there and the web is nonexistant where we stay. Tough season out there this year. we have had an exceptionally wet fall out there and most of the corn was still unharvested as of mid November. That increases the bedding cover about 1000+ percent in our neck of the woods. They finally picked the corn on our place Nov 12 and then on Nov 14 began 5 days of relentless non stop rain. Our creek rose from it's 6" normal depth for this time of year to as high as 7 feet cutting us off from half the property. I did manage to lay eyes on several real whoppers and let the air out of a mid 130's 3 or 4 year old buck with strong mass and decent spread but was lacking a bit in tine length. One of our guys took a real bruiser with the shotgun last night that we all were in hot pursuit of. Also had a big male coyote spoil a shot opportunity on a 150 class buck. He paid the ultimate price for his rudeness and at least I got a huge (for out there) and flawless pelt. Havent decided whether to mount him or just tan the pelt, I'll post some pics and some stories in a day or so. Got doc appointments tomorrow but I'll get em loaded soon.

Thanks to all my freinds here for the concern but all is well, Just got better things to do this time of year.

Steel is that this years buck? he's a nice one!!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-23-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE View Post
I check on here most days but I'm kinda burned out on the same old discussions and debates.I've had less time to hunt this year than usual but have had the best start of my season in my entire hunting career with a nice 8 point taken and several doe.I've also been scouting some new spots on public land when I get the chance and found a few spots that are pretty promising.I've been to the one spot the last two weekends.It's a steep,remote spot that was heavily timbered about 5 years ago.I saw several deer both times including one very nice buck and an almost pure white doe.This past saturday I was up there scouting and looking for bear sign and I jumped between 15-20 grouse.That's something I haven't seen in quite a few years.I also saw quite a bit of turkey sign.I have a dmap tag for that area so I plan on going up there with my one buddy next monday.I have no idea what to expect pressure wise so I'm not sure how we'll have to adapt.
douge, this is worst grouse season in longtime do to wet spring, yet you see 20 grouse in 1 area.cant say it cant happen but in 45 years in woods ,i never saw that or heard of that.
your hunting is definately unusual.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter View Post
Hey Guys! Just got back from Illinois about two hours ago. Cell service is a challenge out there and the web is nonexistant where we stay. Tough season out there this year. we have had an exceptionally wet fall out there and most of the corn was still unharvested as of mid November. That increases the bedding cover about 1000+ percent in our neck of the woods. They finally picked the corn on our place Nov 12 and then on Nov 14 began 5 days of relentless non stop rain. Our creek rose from it's 6" normal depth for this time of year to as high as 7 feet cutting us off from half the property. I did manage to lay eyes on several real whoppers and let the air out of a mid 130's 3 or 4 year old buck with strong mass and decent spread but was lacking a bit in tine length. One of our guys took a real bruiser with the shotgun last night that we all were in hot pursuit of. Also had a big male coyote spoil a shot opportunity on a 150 class buck. He paid the ultimate price for his rudeness and at least I got a huge (for out there) and flawless pelt. Havent decided whether to mount him or just tan the pelt, I'll post some pics and some stories in a day or so. Got doc appointments tomorrow but I'll get em loaded soon.

Thanks to all my freinds here for the concern but all is well, Just got better things to do this time of year.

welcome back.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm alive but this site is questionable?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter View Post

We where ready to send out a scouting drone to find some of you. Welcome back Bob and congrat's on a successful trip.
Can't wait for the picks.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim View Post
I'm alive but this site is questionable?
Glad to see your still around Jim! This site has been below questionable lately. Can't login,can't logout,can't post you and catch cootie's from it and bug up your computer.

Anyway, how's the grouse hunting? They are definitely down in my area. But the Woodc**k seem to be coming back.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman View Post
douge, this is worst grouse season in longtime do to wet spring, yet you see 20 grouse in 1 area.cant say it cant happen but in 45 years in woods ,i never saw that or heard of that.
your hunting is definately unusual.
I hadn't seen a grouse all year until I scouted out a new spot on Moshannon state forest that was logged several years ago.This is on a high ridgtop and the cut wasn't fenced.Most of the deer damage occurs during winter and when we have heavy snows,the deer are forced into the lower elevations,allowing the new regeneration to make it past the deer.This benefits all wildlife,including the grouse.The last time I saw that many grouse was probably 7 or 8 years ago.It was a game farm coop right along I80 that was timbered heavily in 1993.The farmer green tagged the farm the year it was timbered and over 150 deer were killed.The regen took hold but it's now pole timber which is worthless deer and grouse habitat.Grouse need early succession habitat so you have to stay flexible to consistantly find them.

I have unusual hunting because I don't sit and complain when I fail to see deer in the same old spots.I follow the changing food sources throught the year and I find the deer.I rarely every kill a deer in the spot in consequtive spots.The deer's habitat and food sources change too rapidly.I killed a doe from a spot the first day of archery season.I let my one buddy hunt that spot the rest of the seaon and by the fourth week he stopped seeing deer altogether.There was no mast and after the frost killed everything green,the spot dried up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.