Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Where is everyone???? >

Where is everyone????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where is everyone????

Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Congrats BT, Great Buck and real nice Dog!! I shot a decent 8pt on Nov 6th here in PA 5c Bucks Co, That took some of the sting out of the 8pt I lost out there in Lincoln Land. Not much though!! That one still hurts!!Congrats to all you PA Guy's that scored and good luck the rest of the year. I will be going to my camp in Pike Co rifle season to push around and help drag out deer and do some scouting! I have a Doe tag that I don't think I will use! The deer #'s are down on the SGL's that we hunt. There are some nice Bucks though to be had. I missed a Monster last year, but thats another story! Again GOOD LUCK BT and to all you PA guy's hunting next week!! BE SAFE!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Great to see some nice bucks taken. Bow season was pretty much a wash for me, for various reasons. So was turkey season.

Plan on gettin' serious next Monday, to make up for it.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Ed! Thats a fine lookin buck there. As we said when we talked out there, Illinois was tough this year. I took that guy the morning after the corn went down. Saw him pop out in the cut corn at 6:30 AM and can called him twice. He came in like he was on a rope and I shot him at 12 yards. The day after I shot him the sky opened up and it rained for 6 days straight. We were cut off from half the property when the creek thats normally almost dry rose 7 feet and stayed up for several days.

The coyote was 40 lbs on a scale. You're all invited over for the chinese buffet next week
Old 11-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Congrat's on a nice buck jack! But your buck looks like he's still chewing.LOL
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
The coyote was 40 lbs on a scale. You're all invited over for the chinese buffet next week
Doe's that come with fwied wice an vegables?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Doe's that come with fwied wice an vegables?
Now that's FUNNY!! LOL!!!!!! Yea BT the sky's open up 10min after I shot the 8pt in Illinois. We got 2" of rain overnight! It rained 4 out of the 6 days I was out there. You no what though, 90% of the corn was up and the weather sucked. But I had a chance at a P@Y Buck and seen a real big Buck at 40 yards and I was hunting Illinois a stones throw from Iowa! It was still a great hunt and I can't wait to get back out there!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Congrat's on a nice buck jack! But your buck looks like he's still chewing.LOL
Thanks blkpowder!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DennyF
Great to see some nice bucks taken. Bow season was pretty much a wash for me, for various reasons. So was turkey season.

Plan on gettin' serious next Monday, to make up for it.
you are not alone denny.i have not heard of 1 buck locally taken in archery here in western clinton county,pa.i have not heard of 1 turkey taken and very few have even seen grouse this year.
even early muzz season was not good.
i have not been to camps to see what they have to say this year ,only what i hear around area stopping and talking to friends.

i have as of yet only seen 1 deer and it was 4 point that is not legal but has a real nice spread to it and looks like a 1.5 yr old buck.buck rubbing are all over this year,big areas.i can only guess that bucks are really traveling a long ways to rut.
i had bear in my yard again last night and i believe he is sleeping over my bank because toby will not go within 15 ft of top of bank.
2 yrs ago i had 400 pd bear and 300 or more bear in my yard.its funny that they head to my yard about same time every year.