HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is everyone????
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
hatchet jack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by livbucks
I was busy hunting for the most part. I had a hell of a ride the last week of archery. One of our gang got the biggest buck of his career to this point. My brother missed a huge 8 point and I shot over the back of a tremendous 9 point on the last Friday of the season. I caught this buck in a pattern he was following every day at about 4 pm. He would walk the perimeter of his valley checking for does and would walk a creekbed ever day. I set up in the valley on Friday and sure enough, here he comes! He came out at 18 yards. I was uphill (very steep) in a tree about 25 feet. He hit the opening and I settled the pin behind his shoulder and let fly. I was shooting straight down and I guess the angle screwed me as my arrow flew over him. He wheeled around and walked about 20 yards into the thick and stood there for 10 minutes. Then he walked uphill behind me, but it was too thick to get a shot. He milled around for awhile and then walked over the top and out of sight. DAMNED FRIDAY THE 13th! LOL! I had seen him several times and he is a very big 10 point that just failed to grow that g4 on the one side, hence 9 points. I would venture to say he was 20 inch spread with 12 inch g2 points. The mass was to die for! He still lives and I will be after him again soon. I gotta say that there are a ton of nice bucks this year. AR is working good for us. The buck that our guy got is pictured:
NICE BUCK!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Hatchet Jack