HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is everyone????
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:02 AM
blkpowder
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Hey Guys! Just got back from Illinois about two hours ago. Cell service is a challenge out there and the web is nonexistant where we stay. Tough season out there this year. we have had an exceptionally wet fall out there and most of the corn was still unharvested as of mid November. That increases the bedding cover about 1000+ percent in our neck of the woods. They finally picked the corn on our place Nov 12 and then on Nov 14 began 5 days of relentless non stop rain. Our creek rose from it's 6" normal depth for this time of year to as high as 7 feet cutting us off from half the property. I did manage to lay eyes on several real whoppers and let the air out of a mid 130's 3 or 4 year old buck with strong mass and decent spread but was lacking a bit in tine length. One of our guys took a real bruiser with the shotgun last night that we all were in hot pursuit of. Also had a big male coyote spoil a shot opportunity on a 150 class buck. He paid the ultimate price for his rudeness and at least I got a huge (for out there) and flawless pelt. Havent decided whether to mount him or just tan the pelt, I'll post some pics and some stories in a day or so. Got doc appointments tomorrow but I'll get em loaded soon.

Thanks to all my freinds here for the concern but all is well, Just got better things to do this time of year.

Steel is that this years buck? he's a nice one!!
We where ready to send out a scouting drone to find some of you. Welcome back Bob and congrat's on a successful trip.
Can't wait for the picks.