HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is everyone????
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I check on here most days but I'm kinda burned out on the same old discussions and debates.I've had less time to hunt this year than usual but have had the best start of my season in my entire hunting career with a nice 8 point taken and several doe.I've also been scouting some new spots on public land when I get the chance and found a few spots that are pretty promising.I've been to the one spot the last two weekends.It's a steep,remote spot that was heavily timbered about 5 years ago.I saw several deer both times including one very nice buck and an almost pure white doe.This past saturday I was up there scouting and looking for bear sign and I jumped between 15-20 grouse.That's something I haven't seen in quite a few years.I also saw quite a bit of turkey sign.I have a dmap tag for that area so I plan on going up there with my one buddy next monday.I have no idea what to expect pressure wise so I'm not sure how we'll have to adapt.
douge, this is worst grouse season in longtime do to wet spring, yet you see 20 grouse in 1 area.cant say it cant happen but in 45 years in woods ,i never saw that or heard of that.
your hunting is definately unusual.