Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Are we losing sight? >

Are we losing sight?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Are we losing sight?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pahick
Sproul, pm me with where you seen 'em on the ATV's. I emailed DCNR after I talked to Wasserman(spelling?) about a spot just north of Renovo last year. They said the guys had permits, but I didnt think that area was for disabled. I know one spot posted open for disabled, thats it. I didnt know they could go anywhere they wanted.

it was in SANDY RUN AREA .way i thought rule was you could go on designated trails during the non hunting season but they are using them during hunting season.it is DCNR you apply to get it .the ATV has to be licensed also and plate on it.
the guys i saw WERE NOT ON TRAILS THAT they designated years ago. they said they applied to hunt on CERTAIN trail and dcnr approved it.this does not mean you can go everywhere,only where the dcnr designates but this year they were on different areas ,most likely they got approved for it expanded.
first its not something i like to see happen.i am on ATV committee too.i agreed that atv is fine in OFF SEASON but to have these things bouncing in woods on trails i hunt, I DONT LIKE IT.
also these people dont look to disabled to me if they can climb treestands and sit all day.its joke. i could see someone with no leg or 1 lung etc, youy know what i mean but these folks look healthy to me.

WHAT A JOKE..........

Last edited by sproulman; 12-16-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sproulman
BOB, THEY GO TO LOCAL district 10 DCNR OFFICE, THEY GIVE THEM A PERMIT AND A LICENSE PLATE for atv.they also have to leave a permit in window of their truck.they also tell the dcnr where they would like to go,not dcnr telling them where to go.then they get approved to use that trail.
i was shocked to see it.i had to check it out.all legal ........

Wow they must've really relaxed the rules! I'm gonna have to tell my buddy to check on it. He really struggles just to get 100-200 yards in, can't go in before daylight and negotiating snow is near impossible for him. He keeps a good attitude but he really struggles just to get in a little way. Good news is he got a nice 9 point this year. (while still within 100 yards of his house)
Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sproulman
it was in SANDY RUN AREA

yup, same ones as last year. boone rd and sandy run. DCNR said they were legal. its BS IMO. they arent designated trails.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Wow they must've really relaxed the rules! I'm gonna have to tell my buddy to check on it. He really struggles just to get 100-200 yards in, can't go in before daylight and negotiating snow is near impossible for him. He keeps a good attitude but he really struggles just to get in a little way. Good news is he got a nice 9 point this year. (while still within 100 yards of his house)
i think bob what is happening is DCNR has area with trail DESIGNATED.then they go to them and ask to use a trail 500 yds away,i guess they left them this year.so they must be expanding area within area or making other designated trails available within that DESIGNATED AREA.
IT HAS RUINED A AREA I USE TO HUNT,just to many hunters now. i can go along with it,i will just hunt elsewhere as it gives disabled person a chance in woods,truly disabled ones .
but i dont want see this EVERYWHERE.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

yup, same ones as last year. boone rd and sandy run. DCNR said they were legal. its BS IMO. they arent designated trails.
one at sandy run,boonetrail is designated but they are below that area on LEFT BRANCH OF SANDY RUN and when i talked to one sitting in tree all dayhe said he applied for it at DCNR and they said it was ok.
pahick, they shot 2 bucks off the local taranteella gang who has hunted in that area for 50 years,THEY WERE NOT VERY HAPPY. THEY SAID THEY GET IN MIDDLE OF THEIR DRIVES BEFORE SUNRISE.

Last edited by sproulman; 12-16-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

this was reason I didnt hunt my one stand back there. too many people back there this year. and I wasnt happy bout the ATV's.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

this was reason I didnt hunt my one stand back there. too many people back there this year. and I wasnt happy bout the ATV's.
i grew up in there.we had biggest crew in area. i had 9 uncles then.had place all to ourselves.not anymore so i had to move do to all ATV and people in there..we were members of camp along sandy run for years in 60s.
out of about 100 hunters in there ,i heard they got 2 buck and 2 doe.....
Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Spike

this was my 27th yr huntin above renovo. all my relatives been huntin cross fork/renovo area since the 50's, maybe before, but from what I can remember them tellin me it was the 50's. from what I can tell, this was worst year for seein and killin that I know of. thats ok though, that place is like my 2nd home. cant chase me away with a stick
Old 12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

this was my 27th yr huntin above renovo. all my relatives been huntin cross fork/renovo area since the 50's, maybe before, but from what I can remember them tellin me it was the 50's. from what I can tell, this was worst year for seein and killin that I know of. thats ok though, that place is like my 2nd home. cant chase me away with a stick
it is AWFUL.i also love being in woods where i grew up.my friends drove all of sandy run, boone rd, basin rd, two mile,stoney run and saw 4 DEER for 6 days of hunting from daylight to dark.they had 11 in their crew daily....they got 2 bucks.......
they said this is worst they ever saw........my cameras out in winter tell a lot,it was 4dpsm but now i feel its about 2 dpsm in those areas......