Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pennsylvania deer kills drop >

Pennsylvania deer kills drop

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania deer kills drop

Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvania deer kills drop

2.5 bucks, for the most part bigger, better than 1.5 bucks.

Older bucks, up to a certain age, tend to be bigger, better bucks.

Older, bigger bucks are NOT a sign of an unhealthy deer population.

The best way to allow bucks to reach age 2.5 and above is to allow them to live at least that long.

What is so hard to comprehend about the statements above?

Keep doing what your doing Pa. It is working, regardless what all the road hunters are whining about.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

2.5 bucks, for the most part bigger, better than 1.5 bucks.

Older bucks, up to a certain age, tend to be bigger, better bucks.
That is correct but when we killed 52K 2.5+ buck in 2002,44K in 2001 and 37 K in 2000 the rack hunters were complaining about all the small buck ,rather than bragging about all the bigger, better 2.5+ buck that were being taken. But , now that we are harvesting about 20K more 2.5+ buck than in 2000 but harvesting 80K fewer buck , the rack hunters are raving about bigger and better buck.

Furthermore, instead of improving breeding rates and shortening the breeding window , breeding rates decreased by 5% and the breeding window remained the same!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: scorp

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Taxidermists, processors, hunters all over beg to differ with you.

The evidence is undeniable, except to those in denial.

Bigger, better bucks! Not more mind you, but bigger and better!

Sorry,thatyou can't shoot those spikes any more. Sorry that you apparently cant outwit an adult buck. Take heart though, eventually even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile. Sooner or later a deer will come by you. Or maybe you'll hit the powerball. Miracles do happen from time to time.
Would you call that a balanced herd when more bucks than does are being harvested? Maybe PA will have the first ***** dear herd and you can help the PGC manage them with your expertise on the subject.
If you go back to the link you provided and read through the comments. It looks as though you would be more qualified for that position![/align]
Old 04-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Banned

Would you call that a balanced herd when more bucks than does are being harvested? Maybe PA will have the first ***** dear herd and you can help the PGC manage them with your expertise on the subject.

Ive heard it said that ecoextremists have a very high rate of leading "alternative lifestyles" compared to the general public. So I do not think that those currently leading pgc around by the nose would be too disapppointed in a "*****" deer herd.[:'(](LOL)
Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

blkpowder,

Don't even waste your time with Scorp. He's complaining that we kill more bucks than does. We had that problem, back before the currnet plan came into effect. He simply doesn't have a clue. He's an alais who signs on for a minute or two at a time, posts his idiotic drivel and then runs.

And whats with the name anyway?
"Scorp" sounds like something you'd catch from a $10 streetwalker!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Ive heard it said that ecoextremists have a very high rate of leading "alternative lifestyles" compared to the general public. So I do not think that those currently leading pgc around by the nose would be too disapppointed in a "*****" deer herd.[:'(](LOL)
Funny coming from a guy whose hobby often attracts guys who shave themselves all over and oil each other up! LMFAO!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

blkpowder,

Don't even waste your time with Scorp. He's complaining that we kill more bucks than does. We had that problem, back before the currnet plan came into effect. He simply doesn't have a clue. He's an alais who signs on for a minute or two at a time, posts his idiotic drivel and then runs.

And whats with the name anyway?
"Scorp" sounds like something you'd catch from a $10 streetwalker!
He wouldn't stoop that low,would he?

Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

about 2 years ago, i was seeing a few young bucks,along with some nice legal bucks.

then last year, we hardly saw a legal buck and i cant recall a spike buck also being seen.

also fawns are real scare.

the bucks i got last 2 years other than last year, only saw 1 buck/1 doe last year in season,archery.

both those bucks had bigger thicker racks than i have seen in longtime,like 1970.

BUT the deers body were small.

that has stumped me a little, big racks and medium bodies.

i know how too look at teeth now, so i will be able to age the buck, IF I GET ONE AGAIN,AFTER THIS YEAR HUNTING, WORST I EVER HAD IN 47 YEARS.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Banned

Sounds like a very vivid very distasteful fantasy you most likely shouldve kept to yourself about "men oiling each other up". (see what I mean about the ecoextremist preferences?)

I also find it funny you say "I" always bring up being a "big bodybuilder" and weightlifter etc., yet Ive only mentioned it a few times in passing, yet YOU bring it up CONSTANTLY. (LOL) I guess you are VERY intimidated or have a very unhealthy "affinity" for men with muscles. Sorry pal. I likes girls!

I also dont see what you find so intriguing, that happens to be a hobby of mine. LIke some collect stamps, fish, garden, work on old project cars.....some lay around on the couch getting fat picking leftovers out of their unkempt beards..whatever... I dont aggitate you for you love of picking wildflowers and making mosaics with their petals do I?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also find it funny you say "I" always bring up being a "big bodybuilder" and weightlifter etc., yet Ive only mentioned it a few times in passing, yet YOU bring it up CONSTANTLY. (LOL) I guess you are VERY intimidated or have a very unhealthy "affinity" for men with muscles. Sorry pal. I likes girls!
LOL kinda like your obsession with beards huh?

OK I admit it, I've got some really creepy memories of a bad hunting trip a long time ago with a loudmouth, egotistical, napoleon syndrome weightlifter who talked a lot like you do and loved to parade around the hunting camp buck ass naked flexing and bragging. Anyone that knows him doesnt want to go anywhere with him again. He loved to constantly call attention to himself. In person, he yells, online, he prints in bold, all caps and big print. Sound familiar? He bragged a lot about about "benching 400 pounds" sound familiar? Another of his favorites was "this body is a Temple" sound familiar? If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck..........

Oh yeah, he woofed a lot, but when someone got fed up and called his bluff, he melted like an eskimo pie on hot pavement. Sound familiar?

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania deer kills drop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.