Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Marcia Bonta

Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Marcia Bonta

I rarely read the Game News anymore, but the other day I picked one up and was thumbing through while my wife grabbeda fewgroceries. Now, I've seen this particular column before, butI never really gave it much thought, though I've read it a time or two. I'm referring to the Naturalist's Eye column by Marcia Bonta. From whatI can gather and recall from reading her writing, it is primarily birds and flowers....By God I realized I don't think this gal has ever mentioned hunting one time. I did a google search on her books and autobiography, and her liberal arts education. I may be wrong, but I don't think this gal hunts at all. And she sure fits the profile of the antihunter environmentalists that grew out of the hippy generation. Her column has run for a number of years now....but if you ever needed to know who the PGC has been sleeping with, for crying out loud it's right in the magazine that used to be about game and hunting. is this their attempt to reach out to the tree hugger environmentalists? Recreational sport hunting is not politically correct or socially acceptable, so the PGC has to change it's mission to supporting "sustainable forests and wildlife resources" (right out of UN agenda 21), and is no longer about managing game for sport hunting AND healthy habitats to that end. If anyone knows more about the gal, and where her interests lie, then you may correct me, but I'm bothered about the column and the apparent traits of the author.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Marcia Bonta

Lemme guess. Bet you have a bad day any time they put atweety on the cover of the Game News, too?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry, Denny. Didn't realize she was one of your girlfriends from the other site. Is shehoping for a BOC seat as well? So sad to hear your head cheerleader isn't getting the job. Must be awful medicine for her power trip.Next time you all get together and throw a "PGC IS GREAT" party lemme know. I'll bring some ketchup forthe weiners.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing new there. PA Game news has had a "nature" column with a predominately non hunting or nongame theme for many years.

Remember The Thornapples column byChuck Fergus? I didnt read Fergus stuff as avidly as Ned Smith but as I recall, hunting was seldom mentioned in his columns.

Remember Gone for the day by Ned Smith? Ned Smith did interject his hunts at times but his columns were also very oriented toward all wildlife and plant life including non game critters as well as plants and trees. NedSmith didn't need to mention hunting or game to makehis cloumn interesting.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Banned

Gentlemen, not including Denny's little attempt at humor, no truer words have ever been spoken. It wouldnt bother me a bit for naturalist to have their little airtime and their desires addressed as long as they be reasonable...

But not when it means not just pushing the hunters into the back seat, but throwing us out of the vehicle!!

Thats never gonna change until the boc selection process is changed, and I dont see that as coming any time soon. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that ugly ecoweiner trend is gonna continue into the foreseeable future. All you have to do is look at the newest commission candidates. You've got one whos been a pgc deputy for 30 years and member of non deer friendly organizations, you've got Putnam, which has been discussed in the other thread as having worked often with pgc, mentor said deer were mountain maggots, and is a member of antideer orgs..[:'(], and we had good ol' Galthathatesdeer....Who voted against the deer herd on the cac where she satunder the designation of"conservationist", who works with pgc as a supposed volunteer for years, and is among their loudest spokespeople in support of them, everything they do, and foremost the deer plan sham, not to mention worked for dep, a known ecofruit breeding ground, and fought against hunter friendly legislation!

WOW!! NOW THATS WHAT I CALL ONE HELLUVA SELECTION!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Never met the lady. Don'talways readher columns in the Game News, either.

Like any other magazine, generally just read what appears to be of interest at the time I'm reading it. For that matter, didn't always read Don Lewis' columns on firearms, becausein my opinion,Lewis was often full of beans.

You cankeep the wieners. That's likelywhere they belong.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Nothing new there. PA Game news has had a "nature" column with a predominately non hunting or nongame theme for many years.

Remember The Thornapples column byChuck Fergus? I didnt read Fergus stuff as avidly as Ned Smith but as I recall, hunting was seldom mentioned in his columns.

Remember Gone for the day by Ned Smith? Ned Smith did interject his hunts at times but his columns were also very oriented toward all wildlife and plant life including non game critters as well as plants and trees. NedSmith didn't need to mention hunting or game to makehis cloumn interesting.
Thanks for confirming what we already knew.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Thanks for confirming what we already knew.
Seems that SS didn't there, genius.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Gentlemen, not including Denny's little attempt at humor, no truer words have ever been spoken. It wouldnt bother me a bit for naturalist to have their little airtime and their desires addressed as long as they be reasonable...

But not when it means not just pushing the hunters into the back seat, but throwing us out of the vehicle!!

Thats never gonna change until the boc selection process is changed, and I dont see that as coming any time soon. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that ugly ecoweiner trend is gonna continue into the foreseeable future. All you have to do is look at the newest commission candidates. You've got one whos been a pgc deputy for 30 years and member of non deer friendly organizations, you've got Putnam, which has been discussed in the other thread as having worked often with pgc, mentor said deer were mountain maggots, and is a member of antideer orgs..[:'(], and we had good ol' Galthathatesdeer....Who voted against the deer herd on the cac where she sat under the designation of "conservationist", who works with pgc as a supposed volunteer for years, and is among their loudest spokespeople in support of them, everything they do, and foremost the deer plan sham, not to mention worked for dep, a known ecofruit breeding ground, and fought against hunter friendly legislation!

WOW!! NOW THATS WHAT I CALL ONE HELLUVA SELECTION!
Great post!!! Eco Weenie articles belong in the Game News just about as much as an article on Kanagroo's belongs in Deer & Deer Hunting
magazine. Pike
Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I agree Pike. It's only the Game News by name. If it had a different name on the cover, it could be sold alongside of Mother Earth News or Birders World Magazine. I refuse to pay money for that rag that has nothing to do with Game News and I refuse to give the PGC anymore money than I already do for my license. I will stick with my American Hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.