HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Marcia Bonta
Thread: Marcia Bonta
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

Default Marcia Bonta

I rarely read the Game News anymore, but the other day I picked one up and was thumbing through while my wife grabbeda fewgroceries. Now, I've seen this particular column before, butI never really gave it much thought, though I've read it a time or two. I'm referring to the Naturalist's Eye column by Marcia Bonta. From whatI can gather and recall from reading her writing, it is primarily birds and flowers....By God I realized I don't think this gal has ever mentioned hunting one time. I did a google search on her books and autobiography, and her liberal arts education. I may be wrong, but I don't think this gal hunts at all. And she sure fits the profile of the antihunter environmentalists that grew out of the hippy generation. Her column has run for a number of years now....but if you ever needed to know who the PGC has been sleeping with, for crying out loud it's right in the magazine that used to be about game and hunting. is this their attempt to reach out to the tree hugger environmentalists? Recreational sport hunting is not politically correct or socially acceptable, so the PGC has to change it's mission to supporting "sustainable forests and wildlife resources" (right out of UN agenda 21), and is no longer about managing game for sport hunting AND healthy habitats to that end. If anyone knows more about the gal, and where her interests lie, then you may correct me, but I'm bothered about the column and the apparent traits of the author.