Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Marcia Bonta

Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Marcia Bonta

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

I think its great to find non-hunting wildlife articles in hunting publications.

Pathetic !

I think it is good PR, to have these type of articles in hunting publications. It tells non-hunters we are more than just killers.

Do you really think they care what type of articles are in our hunting publications? Do you think they put articles about hunting in there publications? Do you think they feel a need to pander to us?
If you don't want to read them,don't! Excuse me or any other hunter who enjoy other wildlife and wish to learn more about them. [/align][/align]You don't call yourself a killer,I don't call myself a killer. But did you just crawl from out under a rock? There is quite a few non-hunters that believe we are nothing but cruel and ignorant animal killers. Thatour soul intentions are nothing short of entering the woods and shooting away at anything that moves. [/align]
Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

>Great post!!! Eco Weenie articles belong in the Game News just about as much as an article on Kanagroo's belongs in Deer & Deer Hunting
magazine. Pike

Jeff

Let me ask you why Weco Weenie articles like Watchable Wildlife, Holiday Garland for the Birds and A Suet Treat belong
in the OH DNR publication Wild Ohio?

After all the Ohio DNR is the greatest thing ever and exists solely to statisfy every hunter and fisherpersons
wildest dream.

http://www.flipseekllc.com/wildohio2009winter.html

WV Gino
Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Here's the link to an article Bonta wrote last year, about a couple's (Mike and Laura Jackson)Tussey Mountain property and how they've turned it into some sortanature preserve. It'll no doubtmake some eyes twitch, reading about tweeties, trees and plantings, but it also mentions hunting.

http://marciabonta.wordpress.com/category/hunters-and-hunting/

"Mike is an avid deer hunter and has built a huge tree stand in his woods. During our walk along their woodland trail, we saw many mature shagbark hickory trees, two healthy butternut trees, and an enormous white oak that took three people — their arms outstretched — to reach around its trunk. Mike also showed us his American Woodcock Habitat Site where he has to remove dozens of invasives to make it viable for woodcocks."
Old 03-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

WV gino says "After all the Ohio DNR is the greatest thing ever and exists solely to statisfy every hunter and fisherpersons
wildest dream. "

I donno about all that, but I know their hunter satisfaction is a helluva lot higher than Pa's by a long shot. Come to think of it, so is just about every other states in the nation.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gino the ODNR isnt scared to death of the Audubon Soc. and the eco weenies!! Remeber the group the kept you and other sportsman from enjoying the Outer Banks last summer?
But keep trying to spin!! that publication is not from the Fish and Game Division of the ODNR, Wild Ohio is
No different than the PA. DCNR putting an eco weenie article in one of their publications.
The Ohio Outdoor News is OH.'s version of the PA. Game News. Pike
Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Never knew Smith and Sopchick are Eco Weenies? Guess you can learn something everyday? But not today![/align]

Old 03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

>The Ohio Outdoor News is OH.'s version of the PA. Game News. Pike

WHAT?????????????

The Ohio Outdoor News is not produced by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Division.

Wild Ohio is.

The PA Game Newsis produced by the PA Game Commission.

The Ohio Outdoor News is equivalent to the PA Outdoor News.
In fact they are owned by the same corporation.

You have written some pretty laughable things but this is right up there.

Please don't change the subject.

The PA Game Commission is the state agency vested with wildlife resource management in PA.
The OH DNR, Wildlife Division is the state agency vested with wildlife resource management in OH.

Why is it OK for the OH DNR Wildlife Division publication to have butterflies, chickadees,
bird watchers, and articles like Watchable Wildlife, Holiday Garland for the Birds and A Suet Treat
but the publication by the PA agency vested with wildlife resource management can't?

It's amazing how hard some of you guys work at being angry.

Ever think about spending that time scouting for deer so maybe next season you will be able
to find some so you won't be so angry?

Wv Gino
Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

Gino, i dont think one poster here who is familiar with you is surprised that you didnt reply to a hunting topic, but replied in defense of "naturalist" nuts.

Id say states wildlife organizations having nongame wildlife etc. in their publications is only understandable, without going over the top with it all... But in OUR situation, its simply a blatant reminder of our situation anda slap in the face. When all know our current situation of having our game management dictated by econuts.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned

"Ever think about spending that time scouting for deer so maybe next season you will be able
to find some so you won't be so angry? "

Maybe you should go deeper and hunt harder and longer for those unmolested by deer pockets of wildflowers, then maybe you wont hate deer so much and have to push the econut agenda so hard on every message board you post on.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Have known Bob Sopchick since before I was a teenager!!
Please show me where I said that he was an eco weenie? Pike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.