Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA >

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

livbucks,the first early muzzleloader season was flintlock only.

bb,I don't imagine crossbows will have a huge effect in 2G.I almost could care less.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never said crossguns didn't have a place in PA hunting.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

livbucks,the first early muzzleloader season was flintlock only.

bb,I don't imagine crossbows will have a huge effect in 2G.I almost could care less.
Thanks, I thought it was all inclusive.
I stand corrected.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Xbows.....Oh yea, warm season hunting for bucks is the ticket I been looking for... No more of that cold weather hunting....

http://www.nabowhuntingcoalition.com/Bowhunting_Issues/Final_crossbow_test.htm
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could support crossbows statewide only if solid evidence can be produced from area 2B (where crossbows are now legal in the general archery season) showing that hunter numbers theharvest did not change in such a proportion that could become a threat to season length in the remainder of the state. And only if we institute mandatory bowhunter-ed for ALL bowhunters, vertical and horizontal.

Betcha the xbow manufacturers wouldn't want to accept that condition!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. us Ohio Xbow hunters are taking over PA and all you guys in the Compound world are out baby!
Ahemmm...

Of course you realize the Xbow was included in gun season to calm the fearsof the public in close proximity to hunting lands.......
Of course I do. That was a sound decision, to include them in GUN season. I have no reservations there.

The PAPGC sees nothing but $$ and doesn't care what the PA hunters wnat or listen to biologisst. Gawd, when did that start, listening to deer experts. Alt comes to mind.
So you are admitting that the full inclusion would be contrary to what would be in the resource's best interest?

BTB covers up for you and you still are not making coherent arguments.
Don't even go there. Bob and I discuss things in a mutually respectful way. We agree on a good deal of things, and take each other's view into consideration on others. We are individuals though and do have separate minds, however. It was his influence that got me to soften my stance enough to sayI would be in agreement with the inclusion pending certification, but you now want to beat that down also. So what is it? Do you want to earn your place, and be welcomed? Or do you feel entitlementover all that has come before you? Kind of sounds like the kid that gets a job and expects to start at the top of the ladder instead of climbingthe rungs like those before him did.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

BH1

You know guy, you have blown it! Here is a thread where at least some of us have shown a willingness to hear you on a subject that happens to be very unpopular with a majority and you get spittin mad when we don't accept everything as you'd like and we point out some concerns. gettin all jumpin ugly aint gonna help your case!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Big Earl,when Paallowed inlines to be used in the early muzzleloader season,howmuch did participation increase?How many guys went out and bought an inline that otherwise wouldn't have and that was just to kill a doe?
douge,if you are saying that inlines were not increased, you are dead wrong.
i saw more hunters with inlines than i ever did.

in fact, i saw a ton on flintlocks sold because of in-lines.

most are getting there doe with in-line in oct season.

i was out flintlock this year and only saw 4 hunters, yes, only 4.

they had their deer already with rifle/inlineand were filling more leftover tags not used.

flintlock is dieing away and so will COMPOUND BOWS ,replaced with CROSSBOW.

sproul has spoken.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I could support crossbows statewide only if solid evidence can be produced from area 2B (where crossbows are now legal in the general archery season) showing that hunter numbers theharvest did not change in such a proportion that could become a threat to season length in the remainder of the state. And only if we institute mandatory bowhunter-ed for ALL bowhunters, vertical and horizontal.

Betcha the xbow manufacturers wouldn't want to accept that condition!
only from what i see and pictures i see and info from camps.

MANY nice bucks are harvested with CROSSBOWS in wmu2g IN ARCHERY.

these bucks, i believe would not have
been shot if not for crossbow hunter.
most hunters that shoot a doe in archery, dont tag it,so its hard to see what is reallly happening.

archery is very secret time and hunters after meat, VERY secretive.

so, does sproul BELIEVE a increase in deer kill in wmu2g because of crossbow,you bet..............
Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could support crossbows statewide only if solid evidence can be produced from area 2B (where crossbows are now legal in the general archery season) showing that hunter numbers the harvest did not change in such a proportion that could become a threat to season length in the remainder of the state.
Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe X-bows were legalized in 2B in 2004. Here is the archery buck harvest from 2003 to 2006.

2003-1,740
2004-2,140
2005-2,720
2006-2,910

In an increasing herd I don't think those numbers represent a significant increase due to x-bows.

Quick Reply: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.