Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA >

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Old 08-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

What difference does it make if BB are 54% of the fawns or 50% of the fawns? The fact remains that BB will always comprise 22-24% of the antlerless harvest.
You just said it was 24% of the FAWN harvest in a previous post.

Which are you now claiming to be true?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My apologies to Deaddeer, for hijacking his hijacking of this thread, but here is a link to the war strategy of the people pushing for full inclusion:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2929407
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like this one:
MYTH: Crossbows are too easy to shoot.

FACT: Experienced rifle shooters can expect to quickly achieve tight arrow groups on targets up to forty yards (the effective hunting range of a crossbow). Is that bad? Isn’t accurate shot placement the goal of all ethical hunting? Does the difficulty of shooting a bow accurately deter people from participating in bowhunting? However, to be successful, a crossbow hunter must master all skills and tactics common to bowhunting.
Sounds like the myth is so VERY true, from his own mouth. But he says it in a way that makes it sound like a positive.
How Clinton-esque!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

FACT: Experienced rifle shooters can expect to quickly achieve tight arrow groups on targets up to forty yards
They try to diminish the relevance of a crossgun to a gun, but he equates the shooting of one to that of a rifle, in method and ease.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

tight arrow groups
Even calls the bolts "arrows".
This is slick!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's also disturbing that half the posts in that thread are from a crossbow rep.

Trying once again to be fair and open minded, I really would like to see any data collected by the PGC regarding crossbow numbers and success rates in 2B. I think I'llemail a friend that I met from here that is inside the PGC if any such data has been compiled and reviewed
Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really think I stumbled onto something here. Look at some of the crossgun proponents' profiles here, and then see where one of the the leading manufacturers of crossbows is from. Ohio keeps popping up. I wonder why??
Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, do we want an out of state company manipulating our traditions and game management for their own profit motives??

Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trying once again to be fair and open minded, I really would like to see any data collected by the PGC regarding crossbow numbers and success rates in 2B. I think I'llemail a friend that I met from here that is inside the PGC if any such data has been compiled and reviewed
And because I too am open minded, I took your queue and softened my stance to where I would accept the inclusion with some sort of certification. I start to feel bad, because I think of all hunters as one group, and want to welcome all to the sport. Then I see things that look dirty, and I feel like I'm being fooled. I just want the decisions to be based on diligent forthought as to our sport and the animal, not the hidden agenda and profit motives of marketing executives. You hit the nail on the head with that, way back in the beginning of this thread.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just said it was 24% of the FAWN harvest in a previous post.
In 2007 the PGC said that BB were 24% of the antlerless harvest, not that 24% of the fawns harvested were BB.

Quick Reply: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.