Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs >

A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

No yotes stocked there this trip. Thats where we dumped the cougars!

Got a load of wolves coming next month.

We don't need any more of those in Cameron Co. we have plenty, but if you can spare a few deer that would be great.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cameron county is an awesome place.I was supposed to hunt bear up there on the first daybut ended up having to work.As it turns out they hammered them that afternoon and didn't leave any for me the next day.I hunted in Grove twp on the last day of deer season and saw probably the biggest buck I've ever had my cross hairs on.I almost always see coyote tracks up there but didn't see a single one this year.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

Cameron county is an awesome place.I was supposed to hunt bear up there on the first daybut ended up having to work.As it turns out they hammered them that afternoon and didn't leave any for me the next day.I hunted in Grove twp on the last day of deer season and saw probably the biggest buck I've ever had my cross hairs on.I almost always see coyote tracks up there but didn't see a single one this year.
Yes it is awesome, it's the one place in Pa. that I found that remindes me of my ol home place in Western Va., speaking of bear I think that Cameron Co. was the only County that had an increase in the harvest this year. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't see much Coyote sign not sure what's up with that.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Yes it is awesome, it's the one place in Pa. that I found that remindes me of my ol home place in Western Va., speaking of bear I think that Cameron Co. was the only County that had an increase in the harvest this year. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't see much Coyote sign not sure what's up with that.
Forest County harvest also went up
Old 12-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Idont know what you dont understand..
up until THIS year you heard that FILL THE FREEZER comments ,this year i have not heard it as much.

1 camp had 15 hunters,other had 17for 1 st week and got 1 doe here in clinton county.
this same camp a few years ago MADE THAT STATEMENT to me,I GOT A FREEZER FULL OF MEAT.

i heard it today at wal -mart todaybut that group hunts on PRIVATELAND...

also being we have 2 weeks of doe and early doe season,hunters are getting 3 weeks to FILL THAT FREEZER.

that does not mean there are LOTS of doe here in WMU2G.
it means they are getting more time and more counties to go to FILL THE FREEZER..

i have friends that drive keating mtn,they cleaned every deer off the side hills there.

guess where they are FILLING FREEZER NOW?

not in WMU2G,they are going to PITTSBURGH AREA.

keep coming after me, i know i am getting to you with TRUTH,you are backer of the DEER ERADICATION PROGRAM,most likely youhave interest in seeing deer gone or to convince people they are here so you can BENEFIT in some way.

want to come clean on your MOTIVES?[:-]
[/quote]

AMEN brother!

Now you are starting to sound just like me.

What did I say? When they clean one place out - with the management area so big - all they have to do is go down the road. There are lot's of deer around Pittsburgh and they aren't even afraid of hunters.

The hard part is places like Potter County that depended on the hunters coming two weeks out of the year to their camps and drinking in the bars and eating in the restaraunts and buying hunting and camping supplies at the stores - not having that extra income anymore.

There is going to be lot's of green Christmas tree's this year up there. Lot's of kids not getting nice presents like the kids in Pittsburgh and lot's of family's doing without next year.

All because the deer are gone and the hunters are gone and the camps are closed up.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lost horn

lost, i dont want to get off topic but i have same thing on the COYOTES..
last year i only saw 1 in area i hunt,or 2..
we trapped out 1.

just today i was in my hunting area after grouse .
i could not believe what i saw, i saw 3 coyote tracks running together and 1 other was flanking those other 3.

1 set was HUGE .i would say that coyote went 45 pds easy.

other 3 looked smaller.

most i ever saw running together was 2 ,mostly 1.

i am contacting my friends to see if they can trap this year there.
we all need to take up trapping with new snares you can use in snow, if not these coyotes are going to do number on deer.
i was shocked at size od that footprint, thats a huge coyote.