Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp >

Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp

Old 07-31-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp

Guys, Thanks for looking at my post. looking for a spot in a deer camp.Interested in cabin or maybe camp?with some deer. rifle season. 7days or weekends dependes on where it is and what your offering. looking to make friends.willing to pay small fee or cook .pay cabin needs. chop wood what ever with in my means.please no outfitters cant afford! this year for myself and next year for me and my sonwhos turning nine cant wait to get him started and his first deer. lookingfor family settingand tradition.toenjoy and have fun so if you know somebody or havewhat ineed email me [email protected] would prefer michiagan or wisconsionmontanaor ? thanks for looking Dennis
Old 08-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp

Man I hope you don't mind a little advice here. I'm in Indiana so I don't have much more to offer.

I started taking my boy to fishing camp about that age so I've been through a few and seen a little that may apply.

You need to get a lot more choosy about how you pick your hunting and camp companions if you are taking a kid that age. I suggest you look for other fathers who take their sons if you want tostay with a children friendly enviroment.

First thing I'd do if I were you would be join some local organisations like the conservation club, archery club, NWTF, or other local shooting organisations. This way you get to know people who are interested in the same thing and you KNOW them before you are trapped together for an extended period of time.

Another possibility is to look for a lease. I know a place near me that is leased by two fathers with several kids between them and they all hunt it.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM

Default RE: Wanted Deer camp spot in started camp

thanks advise is always welcome. But Im more cautious than ya think. Im just trying to get some leads and would ask a ton of questions and meet the people first and would hope they would have children alsoI would look into a lease. But my area is mostly leased up and are in the thousands, also most of the farmers have been burned. so they dont let people on Ive tried and a lease is out of the budget thanks Dennis