Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY >

HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY

Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY

i just heard i lost doe and her fawn on wednesday.
hunters said it was father and his son stopped and shot them.

as for someone saying i dont get off porch to hunt, you dont know me.
wmu2g is not very good deer hunting.
overharvest of doe is reason.

for your info, if there were lots of doe,they would not be risking getting in trouble shooting on privateland here in wmu 2g.

next year i am going to have to spend money and put up a wire fence near road.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

and you haven't called the PGC why???Maybe they are too busy with all of the mountain lion sightings
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM

heres what to do.

5 gallon water bottle thinger.

2 huge things of Crushed Red Pepper...the kind at pizza places.

A dozen eggs.

The largest Pickel container ever...use the juice and the pickles all.

Mix all this together, if you can find some dog poo...use that too.

Spread all over the area....as much around the good areas as possible.

I used this technique to keep the deer away from my magic garden...worked every time.

If you are tired of people coming on your property....set up boobie traps. Heres my best:

1: Dig Hole
2: Cover bottom of hole with a board with nails sticking out. Im talking lots of nails.
3: Cover that hole and put near the road where you see these dudes. Let one of them fall in a hole and you wont have a problem with them damn poachers anymore! Then when you see one of your friends with a limp...ask what happened...then beat him up!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to post a supportive response, but that backing Hillary bigtime reply tuned me out...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your magic garden Chronic!!! I had one of those back in the early 80's. Thats better than than trying to count all the long tailed hunters invading PA..

PS.. Have you thought about hanging treble hooks at eye level?? Great PR for the hunters of the world.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: KoBear

we are seriously talking about scaring deer away from other hunters?

are you serious? you are willing to ruin some other guys hunt so that does don't get shot LEGALLY?

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
its not ruining other guys hunt,its saving doe so we have deer.
road hunters come up to my property,they see deer in fields, bang,there goes another doe.

so, i want to keep doe back in woods so they dont get all shot off.

i cant watch my property 24/7 during the 2 week season..
this is happening to all private land around here,meat hunters will do anything to get that DOE MEAT..

do to lack of deer in WMU2G,its making them desperate..
call the PGC and report road hunters are shooting deer off your property they don't have permission to hunt by driving up shooting the deer and takeing off with the deer....there breaking the law so turn them in..........................bob

Old 12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY
Just collect scat from all of the cougars your seeing and place it on the field edge.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

The best way to discourage road poachers is to make them think a DEC officer is headed their way or close by. Try a scarecrow in clothing that looks like a DEC uniform on the property, set it up near the tree line where it's just visible from the road like a DEC stakeout. Most road poachers are dumb enough to fall for that.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

The best way to discourage road poachers is to make them think a DEC officer is headed their way or close by. Try a scarecrow in clothing that looks like a DEC uniform on the property, set it up near the tree line where it's just visible from the road like a DEC stakeout. Most road poachers are dumb enough to fall for that.

1 guy shot out window and shot the pgc robo doe,they caught him near my property.
he is local guy i know well.
the next day he went out in afternoon and shot a robo BUCK this time.

do you know what his comment was to WCO.

where did i hit it this time.

you think he cares, he will not pay the fines,he has nothing of worth.

so, it continues.I LOSE MY DOE AND FAWNS TO MEAT HUNTERS...

yes, he is only 1 of many that i see.

latest is they are putting couchs in back of trucks so they can kill doe and fawns quicker from vehicile.

i am spending money and putting up 5 strands of wire around the property.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought they took your rifle in a poaching case? I find it hard to believe if he doesn’t pay the fine the PGC says, oh no problem you are poor, go on your way.

IMO you seem to be out to just get attention. Oh poor sproulman, having all his does & fawns shot, that he’s not going to shoot anyways. Those darn road hunters just poaching his deer left and right. They can’t pay the fines, so the PGC lets them off. Yet they can go and put couches in the backs of trucks for their deer exterminations. Oh poor sproulman, how will he save the deer? A 5 strand fence that will only get cut so the poachers can get in and kill his deer.

Quick Reply: HOW TO SCARE DEER AWAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.