Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY hunting report... >

NY hunting report...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY hunting report...

Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM

Default RE: NY hunting report...

Since harvesting my 9pt buck on Oct. 27th, i have been out filming for friends and family and have seen very little rutting activity. The weekendof the 27th was full of activity. I saw five bucks that day all chasing, and grunting after doe. Blowing out scrapes, rubbing trees and tapping antlers together. The woods have just slowed down. I'm going back out to film on Tuesday the 13th so hopefully there will be some action. Maybe the opening of regular season in the southern zone will be great with a ton of rutting activity (lets hope).
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Scored a small 8pt. Seeing plenty of bucks, most 1.5's. Only one buck was older. Have a bunch of game cam pics of mature bucks, but they've slowed down alot. They've migrated onto adjacent properties after more does. Very different season than is typical here.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Saw an decent number of deer this archery season, the rut seemed to be starting a little late on our hunting property in Colden. Didn't see any Bucks till yesterday; but plenty of doe before that. I was able to harvest a button buck yesterday.