Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Report

Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Hunting Report

If anybody hunted Kansas this weekend could you please give me a hunting report...I know it is pretty warm up there right now. Probably not much movement goin on.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Report

I'm hunting tomorrow. I will let you know how we do. I am in the North Central part of the state.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Yea man please do!...Thats where Ill be towards the end of the week! Thanks alot!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

What towns are you going to be near????
Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 AM

We'll be staying in Luray...hunting about 10 minutes away from town. Lots of deer in this area?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are going to be only 30 miles straight south of me!!!!! I live in Portis.

Yeah, there are a lot of deer in this part of the state. You wouldn't happen to be hunting with Covert Creek Lodge, would you???
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Naw...we are hunting private family land. I think its around 1000 acres. Thats probably not much for around there. But there will be 3 of us hunting so that should be plenty. Got any tips for me before I go? It is going to be a totally different way of hunting than what Im used to down in the south. I was told there are freshly cut milo fields...a creek that runs through the property with hardwood bottoms....where would you hunt?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt the milo fields and then go through the bottoms and see if you could find any quail. It will really help to have a dog. Do you have one??
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM

Yea the people that live up there have dogs. I was wondering more about the deer hunting though. We are mainly going up there to bow hunt. Any suggestions on that? We are planning on hunting during the morning and afternoons and then pheasant and quail huntingduring mid-day.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell you much about bow hunting the place. I don't bow hunt-yetI am planning on getting a bow and bow hunting next year.

Quick Reply: Hunting Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.