Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting report for sat. AM >

Hunting report for sat. AM

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting report for sat. AM

Old 11-08-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Hunting report for sat. AM

I saw three deer. One spike, one three point (at 5 yds) and the monster I' ve been after. I' m anxious to hear what everybody else saw.
Not a whole lotta activity, is it the moon?
Old 11-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting report for sat. AM

My plan was to stay all day in the stand like yesterday . . . and I expected to see most activity at midday given the full moon. Nuthin' . . . nadda. . . nothing that drew a breath came near me. Unless you count the hunter that drove past my location 1/2 hour after I got there or the one that did the same thing 1/2 hour after him! They left a little after 9am. I stayed until 1:15pm when I couldn' t take the wind anymore-especially withing nothing at all to look at.

Figures . . heat and rain for two weeks straight. When that' s finally over, the wind takes over! Next week should be better and I' ll stay all day if I need to.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:39 PM

It' s still better than sitting in a cubicle all day.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

saw two bucks, Missed one, saw 8 does, Drew on one, but didnt present a shot, Also saw a Coyote (Moving too Quick for a shot, chasing a doe), and about 20 turkey' s, also, just out of range. The Buck i Missed came in Running, Spooked, Ran around a Tree, and Doubled back, I had one Quick shot, and I goofed, It was Roughly a 4-6 point, but was probably a 1 1/2 yr deer, I was and Still am Rather mad about that one! [:' (]
Old 11-08-2003, 04:38 PM

hunted two different farms today, one in the morning and moved to the other this afternoon, nothing,0,zero, zippy, usually see plenty of doe but saw a big zero.
oh well its eitter than sitting home watching oprah!!!!!![:-][:-]
Old 11-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-08-2003, 06:24 PM

Saw nothing, windy 25 mph gusts.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

got a 7 point saturday morning @ 6:30. should have been an 8 but had a broken brow tine on left side. last saturday i made a mock scrape 20 yards from my stand by urinating in it. wednesday kicked what i think was the same buck out on my way in. he was right at the scrape but caught me heading to my ground stand. i freshened the scrape again on wednesday. yesterday when i arrived in the dark first thing in the morning i loaded the scrape with tink' s 69 and two scent pads around it. that pulled him right in. i thought he was a little farther than twenty yards so i held the 20 yard pin a little high and caught him in the spine. it was devastating. he dropped right in his tracks. had to finish him off with the knife. brother and father saw plenty of does and only one spike buck. one week left here in pa. good luck to all.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:34 AM

I didn' t see nothing....the moon was so bright I didn' t even need a flashlight going into the woods at 5:45!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:10 AM

I saw 8 doe and 2 buck. Both bucks were not shooters. A little four and a small six. The deer were moving all day where I was at. Bucks chasing does, etc. Heard many deer just our of sight moving about. I wish we could hunt on Sunday in PA because the deer are really cranked up right now.

Quick Reply: Hunting report for sat. AM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.