Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year >

How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

Old 09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

I must say that I hunt the tiadaghton state forrest below slate run a lot and the amount of hikers and bikers I have seen has increased dramatically. It's easy to see that the DCNR wants to turn the area into a city slicker getaway. There are hiking trails with sign in guest books everywhere like wolf runand they turned the railroad into a bike trail. Now when I go up all I see is volvo SUVs with brand new schwinns mounted on the back. Heck, even the manor hotel isn't the same. Ever since it burned down they made it into a restaurant to suit the rich fly fisherman. It seems like the valley is turning more into a getaway for the city people than a place to go up to camp with hunting buddies. Granted, I'll still always hunt there but I can kind of get an idea of what the DCNR is hoping for.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bearklr

I must say that I hunt the tiadaghton state forrest below slate run a lot and the amount of hikers and bikers I have seen has increased dramatically. It's easy to see that the DCNR wants to turn the area into a city slicker getaway. There are hiking trails with sign in guest books everywhere like wolf runand they turned the railroad into a bike trail. Now when I go up all I see is volvo SUVs with brand new schwinns mounted on the back. Heck, even the manor hotel isn't the same. Ever since it burned down they made it into a restaurant to suit the rich fly fisherman. It seems like the valley is turning more into a getaway for the city people than a place to go up to camp with hunting buddies. Granted, I'll still always hunt there but I can kind of get an idea of what the DCNR is hoping for.
we were given money from state here at our sportsmen club..i think 100,000 dollars was the amount..at last minute state came in,DCNR and said over half that money is to be used FOR HIKING TRAILS..yes, some was used for club house etc,no bitch there but why wont they let us help improve the habitat for our deer..now,lots of hikers,bikers, bird watchers,canoers,elk watchers,on and on..it makes me mad that deer is at bottom of list for improvements..i have no problem with other groups doing their thing and allowing them more acccess to woods,but i was not born yesterday..if deer are not getting attention ,as we all see,and our state taxes are going for other sports other than hunting,then someday hunting will not be a force that any politician is going to listen too..other groups will have power.. a couple here in state college just left 2 million dollars to the conservancy group to improve the look of certain forests..these people are not HUNTERS..i see all money people now getting involved with these different groups..if those groups would hunt and talk hunting around me,ole sproul would be excited, but all i see and hear iS WHERE IS THE CAMERA ,HONEY!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 AM

we were given money from state here at our sportsmen club..i think 100,000 dollars was the amount
What's the name of the sportsman's club? Most of the money that DCNR is giving as grants is Growing Greener money and you have to apply for a specific project like stream clean up/preservation, strip mine restoration, something that benefits everyone. $100,000 is a significant chunk of change. I can look up the grant details if given enough information or do you not want the actual details revealed for all to see??
Old 09-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds more like something the Fish and Boat Commission would've been involved in.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 AM

Any grant would be awarded to a specific project, not just for a club to spend on whatever they want.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not true Todd.Rendell is giving money away to anyone that wants to stock mountain lions and create hiking and biking trails.They want our guns and the best way to do it is by stocking large predators so old Sproul has no deer to hunt.Just the other dayI saw a tour bus fromPhilly that wasparked next to the Quehanna trail.When they saw I was packing heat,they all threatened to call their legislator.On the way back home I saw another truck that was broke down on I80.It was full of wolf/coyote hybrids and headed to Potter county.Truck driver told me that the PGC traded turkeys and fishers for them.Next month he said he was bringing in a truckload of buffalo.Wake up Todd.Deer are at the bottom of the list.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:11 AM

Armadillos are next.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Armadillos are next.
I can't wait. Jackie Bushman makes chasing those things look soooo very fun. What a Hoot!

Not true Todd.Rendell is giving money away to anyone that wants to stock mountain lions and create hiking and biking trails.They want our guns and the best way to do it is by stocking large predators so old Sproul has no deer to hunt.Just the other dayI saw a tour bus fromPhilly that wasparked next to the Quehanna trail.When they saw I was packing heat,they all threatened to call their legislator.On the way back home I saw another truck that was broke down on I80.It was full of wolf/coyote hybrids and headed to Potter county.Truck driver told me that the PGC traded turkeys and fishers for them.Next month he said he was bringing in a truckload of buffalo.Wake up Todd.Deer are at the bottom of the list.
Are you serious? Have you been holding that in all this time?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

No,but old Sproul has really been educating me.I think I've finally seen the light.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

we were given money from state here at our sportsmen club..i think 100,000 dollars was the amount
What's the name of the sportsman's club? Most of the money that DCNR is giving as grants is Growing Greener money and you have to apply for a specific project like stream clean up/preservation, strip mine restoration, something that benefits everyone. $100,000 is a significant chunk of change. I can look up the grant details if given enough information or do you not want the actual details revealed for all to see??
nothing to hide.. club is western clinton county sportsmen club,hyner,pa.the check came from DCNR ..it was 100,000 dollars..if it was grant, i dont know..yes, some was used forclubto start a ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER at clubhouse..i have no problem with that but i think if other money went for hiking trails, i dont agree that is priority,to me anyhow, i think any money should go to FEED THE DEER THROUGH FOOD PLOTS ETC..as for douge,smarty pants,ha..