Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone else hung stands yet? >

Anyone else hung stands yet?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone else hung stands yet?

Old 09-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else hung stands yet?

Went out today and hungone chain on and one ladder stand. The older I get the more I am beginning to like ladders. I'm thinking lately that rigging at high altitude is for the younger guys. I have resigned myself to using ten screw in steps to hit eighteen feet instead of doing it with eight. The hardest part of it all was shinnying up a thin tree to cut a high branch that was in my shooting lane. I was feeling good about my abilities but I know my muscles are going to pay tomorrow. The hang-on took well over an hour and the ladder took ten minutes. You do the math.
Nothing to do now but wait.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone else hung stands yet?

I hung 2 about a week ago. I took my younger brother with me, and he did all the climbing and hanging, while I trimmed lanes. Was the best experience ever for me hanging stands. I still got one to go though, so I'll have to suffer a bit.[:@]
Old 09-11-2006, 07:09 AM

Livbucks, I hear you about not liking the heights when you get older. Now my knees start knocking when I firstget up in the stand. Years ago I nevergave it a second thought. I hung my second stand yesterday, havea few more to put up.....
Old 09-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hung a couple about 1 & 1/2 months ago. It's one of those spots that the deer use every year... I'll go in once right before season and put the pad on and pull rope.
I still need to hang 1 more stand. I use my climber in the other 2 spots I hunt.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

hung a stand and put up a ladder stand last week and I put up 4 more stands this weekend.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Put up my stands in the hottest couple weeks of August. Guess I should have waited a little while. Oh well. It's all done. Now I just have to wait for Oct. 21st.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:59 AM

got 4 stands up on the property that i hunt.. all with plenty or travel near them
Old 09-28-2006, 12:00 PM

Hang stands? Not me, I hate heights for one, and I'd rather be tucked in a ground blind any day. I like to look'em straight in the eye.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM

mine don't come down i have had them up for 2 yrs now... if i wanted i can hunt all yr there since i work for the guy...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stands have been up for 4 weeks now.

Quick Reply: Anyone else hung stands yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.