Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Deer Management is Almost OK >

PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Irode around for a day lastJuly with Dick Bodenhorn and he stopped a few people that where riding on un-designated roads.He didn't really give them a hard time but he made it clear that they couldn't ride there.They way I understand it,someland managers had some real problems with bikes and commercial horse riding operations using the SGL's.It's definately ok to use your bike while hunting and most likelyyou won'tget a hard time if It's somewhat obvious that you're scouting.I don't no how you prove it,maybe have your hunting lisence on you.I imagine if you'reyour wearing your spandex and a fancy purple helmet you may notget off so easy.Then again rich,if I caught youwearing spandex,I'd probably cuff you on the spot.I guess that could consitute indecent exposure.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL,trust me Doug you won't catch this kid in spandex.

Although if they ever come out with a camo spandex I might consider it.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now, THERE'S a mental picture I didnt want!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy BT.Long time no see.How ya been doing?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Germain. Been doing OK, off of work full time now... maybe retired for good.But we still manage to get out a bit. I've been here on HN off and on but have been content to stay on the sidelines when it comes to the Pa deer controversy. Good to talk to you!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Wow you guys are really picky. I realize that not exactly 90% of all hunters hunt on Public land. What I'm getting at is Public land has a lot more pressure than private land even though it is treated exactly the same as private land when it comes to tags. How many guys hunting private land have to deal with 5 or 6 guys that they don't know hunting within 200 yards of their spot. All I know is deer management in Unit 3D totally sucks. The deer on public land are wiped out and private land is loaded with deer. I guess this is because more people hunt private land than public land. Hey, the number of doe tags for my are is almost the same as last year. I'm sure next year will be even better.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 AM

I think you make some great points.. PA has one major problem. TOO MANY DOES TAKEN on SGL.. If they keep pressure on the poachers, with AR should see some great buck taken in future years, with enough does for the kids and newbies to actually like hunting.