Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Deer Management is Almost OK >

PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Old 06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Deleted post.Wrong thread.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

i have a question. i know SGL's are open to public but are bikers aloud to ride during hunting season? last year on the 1st day of bow i parked for my afternoon hunt and as i was getting out of the truck all these SUV's pulled up. ended up being 12 people going to ride bikes back. i started walking and they flew by me not a one said hello or anything they were yelling to each other being loud. well i was pretty mad but i thought well they will stay on the hard road but they didnt they went off into the woods.
they shouldnt be aloud to do that, and if they are shouldnt they have respect for someone hunting?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they are allowed to ride during hunting season.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

well i guess all you can do is say"welcome to public land"

i also heard they want to make that a rails for trails can't wait for that
Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Not according to PGC regs pertaining to SGL use:

-It is unlawful to ride a non-motorized vehicle, conveyance or animal (on SGLs)from the last Saturday in September, until the third Saturday in January, andprior to one hour after close of lawful shooting hoursfor spring turkey season, from the second Saturday inApril, through the last Saturday in May (inclusive), exceptonSundays....OR while lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing.

-It is unlawful to ride a non-motorized vehicle, conveyance or animal on roads open to foot travel only.

-It is unlawful to engage in any activity or event involving more than 10 persons, which may conflict with with the intended purposes or use of property, or poses a potential environmentalor safety problem.

There is also a section that says you cannot be on SGLs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15 (inclusive), when not engagedin lawful hunting or trapping, without wearing 250 square inches ofFO, etc, except on Sundays or while using an SGL shooting range.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 AM

Thank you for that clarificationPseudo Deputy Denny.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

well thats good to know, thanks.

ORIGINAL: DennyF

-It is unlawful to ride a non-motorized vehicle, conveyance or animal (on SGLs)from the last Saturday in September, until the third Saturday in January, andprior to one hour after close of lawful shooting hoursfor spring turkey season, from the second Saturday inApril, through the last Saturday in May (inclusive), exceptonSundays....OR while lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing.

-It is unlawful to ride a non-motorized vehicle, conveyance or animal on roads open to foot travel only.

-It is unlawful to engage in any activity or event involving more than 10 persons, which may conflict with with the intended purposes or use of property, or poses a potential environmentalor safety problem.

There is also a section that says you cannot be on SGLs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15 (inclusive), when not engagedin lawful hunting or trapping, without wearing 250 square inches ofFO, etc, except on Sundays or while using an SGL shooting range.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That must be one of those rules that's made to be broken.There's plenty of bike riders and hikers on these SGL's during the hunting season.Up north I've seen hunters themselves going back on mountain bikes.
On SGL 211 there's a gated road specifically for bike riders and horse riders and I've seen them both during hunting seasons with a WCO watching.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

you're allowed to use bikes if you're hunting,scouting etc and you don't have to stay on designated trails.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That makes sense.I don't have a problem with hunters doing it and I've done it myself on SGL 211 but when you get bike riders on the smaller gamelands during bow season it's really a waste of time hunting there.
I wonder why they don't enforce this law?

Quick Reply: PA Deer Management is Almost OK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.