Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Slim Jinsky spin >

Slim Jinsky spin

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Slim Jinsky spin

Old 04-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Spike

Default Slim Jinsky spin

I came across an interview on another site that columnist jim Slinsky had done with Cal Dubrock in 1998 on a local radio show he has. Some of his quotes in it are curiously 180 degrees from what he says nowadays. He seemed to agree with the experts then, but just two years later was claiming they're all wrong. And the hunters who he had bad mouthed, he now agreed with.
It almost seems as if he's been disagreeing with everyone for ratings and doesn't really care about what's actually right. Spin sparks controversy. You take a look and decide.

“The only true way to manage a deer herd is to harvest mature female deer, there’s no other real way to do it and yet we still have so many who will just not except that.”

“I would like to see a pheasant stamp in the future. I am willing to pay the $5 to $7.50”

“That’s another area the game commission gets a bad rap, ya know there’s lot of criticism, and many guys don’t understand that the game commission, it is a difficult job to get. You have to be well educated, have great experience, you don’t just walk in off the street and work for the GC. And sometimes people elude to that, that it’s an easy venture.”

When speaking on buying more state game lands:
“That’s the criticism they use too, is that once you acquire the land you must maintain the land ok. And then they criticize you that the larger the piece of pie gets the more difficult, the more expensive it is to maintain it. So it does come down to selfishness and greed, and it’s unfortunate that people are structured this way but they’re selfish, they don’t want to experience any additional costs to go hunting, but yet they’re greedy that they do want to have their game bag full.
You have to give back. It’s (hunting) a consumptive sport. It can’t be give me, give me, give me, give me. It doesn’t work. Who’s giving back?”

When speaking of management zones:
“I see a closer management relating to the terrain and what’s available, the cover, the population pressures, the human expansion.”
“Let me break it down into real simple terms for those having trouble following us, and that is that, you have a traditional season. When the whistle blows at 6 o’clock on Monday morning, you do this for 2 weeks. Your going to have cold spots and hot spots. Due to private posting of land, due to different terrain, due to food available sources, there is no way if your going to try this concept of one size fits all, for the whole state, there is no way to get away from hot spots and cold spots. There may be a multitude of deer left somewhere, and in other spots the deer might be below the statewide goals and be less deer than people are accustomed to seeing. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You can’t be adamant about defending this very conventional, very traditional season we have, and then complain about hot spots and cold spots. You can’t do it, it doesn’t work.”
“What drives me crazy is, a guy will complain about hotspots and cold spots, he will not divorces himself from this traditional season and his solution to hot spots and cold spots is to close the doe season. That’s his solution. Which makes no logical sense if you think it through, but it is the logical response from the person who is not informed. That’s his solution to everything, just close the doe season. Well that doesn’t work, we go through that vicious cycle again. It doesn’t work, that’s why I can’t see any other way to do it."

Old 04-24-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Slim Jinsky spin

TROLL, TROLL, TROLL!

As you said, that interview was from 1998. That was EIGHT (8) years ago. This is 2006. Unless you live in a cave, a lot has changed since then. In fact a poster (TROLL)by the name of "Shooter" posted that on "another" site. It was REMOVED!
You wouldn't happen to be him would you? Your effort is nothing less than TROLLING.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Spike

No "troll" here. Simply posting a local columnist statements. I believe you've heard of freedom of the press.
Yes, I believe that was who posted it. No relation though. Being removed would probably be the reason I couldn't find it again today. Glad I copied it. Why would they remove it I wonder? It's not like it was a lie or made up if in fact it was from a public radio show, which I have no reason to believe it wasn't. Do you know otherwise?
BTW, it's been 7-8 years since, but he's been saying the opposite since 2000 or 2001, even before the management in PA changed.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM

Do you work for Govenor Rendel's Pennsylvania Game Commission?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 PM

Big Jim is onto everyone's crap and Rendel's peeps are just sweating it!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Spike

No, but when the pgc,dcnr,pfsc,nwtf,ubp,pda,pf, tu,qdma,ascl,nra, penndot,nahb,etc,etc and all these groups get together to plot out the master plan, I run security for these top secret covert meetings!
Do you work for jimmy's usp? I ask this because their members usually try to drag threads into the gutter when reality is exposed, instead of discussing the topics at hand.

Now please, if you can't add intelligent comments to the topic, please ignore this thread. I'm sure the mods would appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM

I kind of thought you were a Rendell PGC plant. Sorry, but everyone is wise to your TROLLING.
You do this forum a great diservice by trolling when so many other important matters could be discussed.The new Bear Archery season or the lack of pheasant stocking are only two of the many pertinent topics one might explore. The fact that turkey's have had three poor seasons and the Governors agency has chosen to allow for the sale of a 2nd turkey license. (A failed endevour I might add as they only sold a meager 7000 licenses.)It's obvious that the Governors Commissioners neglected to use good science in that decision as they did in buying into Dr. (Kill the Deer) Alt's scheme to rid the state of those pesky deer.

So you see, your efforts ("Shooter") have failed. Your just a T R O L L !!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Crazy Horse, dont let the meathunter get you all worked up I would say he is just another member of the Sierra Club from the looks of the thread he started.
ONE AND DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:58 PM

Yes, one is enough for me. But we all must remember to contact our weak legislators and remind them of the "CLEAN SWEEP" this coming November.
We obviously need several new faces on the House/Senate Fish & Game Committee in our legislature.

I only wish we could "CLEAN SWEEP" the Governor's Board of Commissioners in Rendell's PGC.
I say "Rendell's PGC" because it certainly isn't the hunter's PGC anymore. Rendell and DCNR are now running the agency. All new Commissioners are cleared through the DCNR before appointment. That proves that the Governor is in direct command of the agency, and our foolish Commissioners are in lock step.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:55 PM

Same old BS. Thisclass actgoes by "Shooter" on HPA. Ol' Shooter is so afraid of the truth that he spends 99% of his time on Slinskys site trying to learn something.

BTW Shooter....looks like the USP site is up and running to me.

Quick Reply: Slim Jinsky spin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.