Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Slim Jinsky spin >

Slim Jinsky spin

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Slim Jinsky spin

Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Slim Jinsky spin

What is in question is not just your credibility but your character. Unless you can provide a verifiable source for your 8 year old Slinsky quote you are just another Internet b.s.er. doing agitprop for the PGC.
BTW, assuming(only) for the sake of argument thatyour quote is accurate, the only point you make is that Jim Slinsky does not have a closed mind. Eight years ago(pre Alt, pre Audubon), the overwhelming majority ofhunters, including me,held the PGC in high regard and assumed that they were first and formost for hunters, not stakeholders. That is hardly the case anymore.
Now I am going to provide you and anyone else who wants it with the full text of the NRA apology letter, including NRA return email addresses. I have removed my email address and name.
You are welcome to contact the source directly and verify whether or not I am a liar. If you have the slighest shred of dignity left you will then let everyone know of your findings.

To: <***@msn.com>
Subject: American Hunter
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:56:19 -0400
Dear Mr. ***:
Thank you for giving us the benefit of your insights regarding the issues surrounding deer herd management in Pennsylvania. This issue is clearly complex, highly divisive, and above all, a state matter best resolved by knowledgeable, concerned parties within Pennsylvania.
The National Rifle Association has no position on the techniques advocated by the organization known as "Quality Deer Management." In addition, we have no position in regard to the pending lawsuit that has been filed by Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania (USP) against the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC).
We sincerely regret that the article "Whitetail Nation," published in the April 2006 edition of American Hunter, did not adequately reflect those positions. The policies adopted by the NRA Board of Directors and pursued by NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, serve as guideposts to hunting issues involving the Association. In general, NRA has a hunters' rights policy that looks very critically at laws and regulations that inflict burdensome new rules on hunters.
In writing about the challenges facing deer hunting in America, I hoped to shine a light on a tradition important to us all, and by doing so, to expose serious issues affecting wildlife management in the 21st century. Unfortunately, this article fell short of that goal. Instead, it antagonized loyal NRA members and possibly caused a deeper disagreement on wildlife issues in Pennsylvania. I regret this outcome very much.
My point was not to focus solely on the stand of Pennsylvania hunters or the state's game commission, but rather to view the events occurring there as a microcosm of hunting controversies in America that threaten our hunting heritage. It is obvious, however, from the communications I've received that many members were left with the impression that we advocated the position of the Pennsylvania Game Commission and that the arguments in opposition to the practices of the PGC were inadequately presented.
NRA has unbounded respect and admiration for American hunters who have financed and perpetuated a huge game population and gun owner tradition and who are fully competent to form their own opinion on hunting matters. In bringing its case to court, USP members are entitled to due process, and I applaud Pennsylvania hunters for their passion and commitment to tackle a tough issue.
American hunters have been and continue to be responsible for bringing many wildlife populations back from the brink of extinction and have sustained our present system of wildlife management. How we carry on this tradition into the future is of utmost concern to all of us, and we must all work together to address and resolve deep-seated management disputes whenever and wherever they appear.
Again, I apologize for any confusion this article caused as to NRA's position on deer management in Pennsylvania. Thank you for giving us further information that will serve to help focus subsequent articles on wildlife management.
Sincerely,
J. Scott Olmsted
Editor-in-Chief
American Hunter
Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM

I suggest we all drop this and concentrate on a much bigger fish that can do a lot of damage much quicker. Check out HuntingPA and the SB868 post.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM

Would you be trying to hijack this thread if your buddy wasn't getting shown up for what he is?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 AM

Not at all. There are more important issues at hand. I could care less about this thread.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 AM

No, I think we should stay on topic. EIGHT year old statements are just that OLD! Whyeven the Governor's PGC won't stand by statements they made EIGHT years ago.As proof, they won't stand on things Dr. Alt said just 6 years ago.

"Meat Shooter" challanged "Mocha" for the information and "Mocha" provided it. Now, "Meat Shooter" should comply, or back off. (Perhaps he's waiting for further instruction from his superiors at Rendell's PGC.

You'll note that no one fromRendell's PGC will debate Jim Slinsky. Isn't that a bit unusual? Rendell's PGC will not even stand by Dr. Alts plan. They admit to it being "Flawed." Imagine that, with all their experts and they just this year realized the plan was "Flawed."

Actually the only person who would have a copy of that radio tape would probably be Cal DuBrock himself. After all, how many people were given a tape of that show by Jim Slinsky? Not many. Could it be that it's the Rendell PGC that is trying to discredit Mr. Slinsky in order to make their failures seem less enormous than they really are? And make no mistake, Mr. DuBrock's failings are many. Allowing Dr. Alt to proceede with his deer management program with no oversight as well as not having a Urban Deer management plan until this year were MAJOR failings. Remember, Grund made a statement at a meeting that aluded to the fact that The Governor's agency "Dropped the ball" concerning Urban Deer management.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gentleman. I would kindly ask that you keep this thread civil and on topic.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Spike

No problem here PAbowhntr, that's what I've been trying to get them to do. CH promised to leave but couldn't keep that promise.

Mocha, crazyhorse just gave you another place to listen to the tape beside jimmy himself. If you think those quotes are false than have a listen.

Crazyhorse, it's not 8 years from 1998 to 2001. And that was even before most of the plan went into effect. This is the major point of the post. Why did he change his stance so soon, even before the plan had any effect? He didn't just start badmouthing the plan, hunters, and the pgc. Please check your history.

ps. We're still waiting for those answer's.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 PM

I went back and read your original post and don't even see Cal DuBrock's name inyour alleged transcript. It is on you to support your claims when challenged to prove them since you were the one who made them.
I certainly offered support for what I said by posting a signed copy oftheemail from the editor of the American Hunter that refuted your claim about the NRA and the USP.
Simply citing the name "Cal DuBrock" and telling me it is a "place to listen to the tape" is not support -- it is a dodge.
You've been dodging a lot: whether it is 8 years or 3 years, there is nothing sinister about changing your mind on an issue. I realize that you have hung your hat on this insinuation -- but it's weak.

ORIGINAL: MeatHunter2
Did you happen to see the NRA acknowledge this suit is bad thing for hunters nationwide?
Do you still stand by your quote? Do you think that the Scott Olmsted apology is a fabrication? I can wait too...

Old 04-27-2006, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: DennyF

That a thread concerning JS would disappear from HuntingPA is no greatmystery. The site owner has decreed that no such discussions will be entertained there, since he long agogrew tired of threats and blusterfrom the Great One or his minions.

JS does not allow any cut and paste postings of his stuff without permission, which is odd for a guy that thrives on attention generated by his own accusations and theories.

I decided long ago that he was a clueless, self-promoting charlatan. Everyone else isnaturallyfree to form their own opinions.

[8D]
Awe, come on Denny. Quit pulling punches. Tell us what you really think (LOL).
Old 04-27-2006, 06:07 AM

I provided facts. "Mocha" provided facts. "Meat Shooter" refuses to provide factual reference. I believe that speaks volumes as to his credibility. How can anyone be sure he didn't add or subtract words and phrases from the actual transcription and broad cast?

In fact, Mr. Slinsky's web site does provide many facts. If it were false information Rendell's Game Commission would have seen to it that anything not factual was removed from his site. One can simply peruze Jim's web site and make your own conclusions. The facts speak for themselves.

Quick Reply: Slim Jinsky spin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.