Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA. >

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

I am pretty sure that if someone did happen to see a Mt. Lion and shot it they would be fined by the PGC. I am not possitive on this so if anyone could clarify I would appreciate it. Also as far as starving to death I don't think that would be the case. I have seen two Mt. Lions in Pa (no I don't have pics and I don't really give a rats a$$ ifanyone believes me) and both were over recent kills. The first was in Lycoming county between slate run and camal. The Lion ran off when we topped a hill so we went back to camp to get the others. When we returned we found a small doehanging fromthe bottom branches of a pine tree. The second was in Juniata county outside of Mifflintown. We saw the cat while spotting. He was laying at the edge of a field when we first saw him at which point he just slowly walked by at about 40 yards. There was deffinately no mistaking it. We went back the next day to look for tracks and found a decent 8 point half eaten with tracks all around it. In fact I cut the antlers off and use them to this day for rattling.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

They would not be legal to shoot.Back in 1986 or1987 they classified all animals that were once indigenous to this state protected unless they were listed as a game animal.Since they were once in this state and arenot listed as a game animal,they are protected.

Mountain lions do not carry their prey up into trees.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

i believe you. without any evidence i am going to go out onlimb and say what i think is going on.all of sudden in last 10 years we have been seeing mountain lions and coyotes.now, we are seeing them almost everywhere.did they migrate in .some say, yes. i say NO. without any evidence only gut feeling.i think PENN STATE had something to do with both.i really do. they want to bring back the state to years ago. look at all hawks and predators you have now here.they did not migrate into state.the DCNR/PGC want the deer killed off. so, you have coyotes and lions now.PENNSTATE released FISCHERS about 10 years ago, yes fischers.so, i guess and only guess that they are involved in this also. they just completed a study on deer here and said we dont know how to hunt.it all leads back, i think to PENN STATE in 1 way or other. i could be wrong but only a feeling.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but you're flat out wrong.Coyotes are in every singleone of the lower 48 states.Did Penn state stock them?If so,where did they get them?Besides,they've been here for alot longer than 10 year.It took an act of legislation to approve the fisher stocking and would require the same to stock coyotes and mountain lions.If anyone would stock any animal it would be against the law since no legislation has been approved.Therefore, it is highly unlikely that PSU,timber companies,insurance companiesor anyone elsewould be dumb enough to try it,especially if they put a tag in their ear like so many people claim to see.Show me where PSU wants hunting abolished and Pa restored to a natural state.You're so far out in left field it's scary.

Would it surprise me to see some group of enviromentalwackos take it upon themselves to set a few lose?Nope but PSU or any major industry isn't doing it.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The wildlife is too important to the economy of PA to let anyone do away with hunting animals
Old 02-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

you have your opinion,i have mine. as long as we dont insult or degrade anyones opinion on here, thats fine with me.you are looking at hunter who has beenin woods for long time.from a great hunting family. hunted the BIG WOODS HERE in pa.when i see something that is not right, i ask why. first PGC said there are no LIONS in woods, now pictures are coming in.we had bugs all over our homes here in last 8 years. we asked, why. no one knew..DCNR says ALL KINDS OF DEER HERE.yet, hunters see very few.penn state says WE DONT KNOW HOW TO HUNT ANYMORE.the deer are here.it even took a LION expert to take the PGC out and show them the LION TRACKS.you know what the PGC said, YES, ITS A BIG CAT.they could not even say,it was a MOUNTAIN LION.HAD TO SAY IT WAS A BIG CAT. doug, not being smart,can i ask you question.why when I reported seeing a mountain lion in pottersdale, pa. 13 years ago that PGC said i was seeing things,no lion.why?they would not even come out and meet with me to take prints.what about all the people that saw mountain lions and were told they did not. now, pictures are coming in like the NICE CLEAR PICTURE IN THE RECORD.what about all the hunters that said they are not seeing deer and yet,the DCNR/PGC says too many deer.it seems that no one believes us anymore or have reason to not acknowledge what you report. its kind of like calling you a LIER,it seems.as for coyotes always were here, i disagree.when we started seeing coyotes here in clinton county 10 years ago,it was all at ONCE. they were seen in that 1 or 2 years in big numbers.now, did they all migrate in at that time?were they here and had all those pups in same 1 or 2 years? its like stocking trout,you walk by a hole and no trout.then comes stocking truck,dumps in trout. now, you see ALL kinds of trout until caught out. please dont take this personel on your opinion.i feel the coyotes were stocked.i feel that someone put lions in here too.i feel someone put all hawks in here too. i feel someone put all the fischers in here too.i feel someone put all eagles in here too.i feel someone put all those lady bugs in here too.who did this,i dont know. i can only GUESS because ones i think did it, say they did not.take care.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Old 02-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Come on guys. Doesn't anyone have a scanner so they can put up this photo that was in the Record? I hope I'm not the only one who wants to see it?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe this will help...

Old 02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

Mountain lions do not carry their prey up into trees.
I think that is an erroneous statement.
If anyone has the picture, e-mail me and I willgive you my address. You could mail it to me andI will scan it and post it here.
I would even post the story.

Quick Reply: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.