Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA. >

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 PM

Default RE: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Funny you bring this up, our local newspaper, "The Lancaster New Era" is running a two part seris on this topic, pretty interesting reads in thier.

I believe either way, but I too am interested in reading on all this!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sproulman,
Just seeing a couple of full grown primed up Bobcats in that area has been a highlight......a cougar would be something to behold for sure.

I do know one thing, if there IS a cougar on that plateau he's not eating as well as he was 5yrs ago.We had quite the tradition every year of chasing whitetails up there for a week during flintlock season right after X-Mas. It's gotten so bad and the places we have to push now for a few deer too dangerous and hard for some of the older guys that we've all but stopped entirely. Nobody wants to kill themselves for the hopes of seeing a handfull of deer for a full day of hard and well planned work.

Sure are enough places for a cat to hide for many square miles, but there are plenty of crisscrossing roads that should reveal more than just a sighting or 2. I do love it up there........where else can you flush grouse, deer, a bear , 2 coyotes, a cow elk and a bobcat all in one single snowy drive!

I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled on future trips.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes, its very sad what has happened to deer here in wmu 2g,boy, hunting we had .its gone now. i saw total of 29 deer from first day of archery to end of muzzleloader season,4 months hunting about 3 days a week.out of that 29 deer,only 7 were on STATEFORESTLAND.rest were in peoples yards.i only saw 1 crew driving this year. camps are empty in deer saeason now. we get more bear hunters.i see very few grouse here also, no rabbits, a ton of hawks, coyotes,bobcats, fox, owls,eagles.and some turkeys.as for deer,if DCNR has there way here, hunting deer is a thing you will not see.breaks my heart to see what it has come to here in pa. other states are in same boat. there is a movement to kill all deer off now.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:41 AM

Thanks for the correction and the link.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Yeah! Why not? I find these threads interesting. There is only one answer to the question " Are there mountain lions in PA?" The answer is eitherYES or NO. We debate lots of things in these forums. As long as people debate and try to prove their point, in a civilized manner, more power to them.

When people resort to name calling and insults, then there is a problem. Hey, if there are pictures of mountain lions in PA, I'd like to see them or know where they are at. If someone isn't interested, don't click on the thread.

EXCELLENT Post Windwalker7 and thank you for it.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 PM

Still waiting on some pictures. Is this going to be another thread with out pictures?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:22 PM

Been hunting the northern woods of PA for a lot of years, and personally don't believe that there are ANY wild cougars here. But that is just my opinion formed by lots of time spent in the woods! There may be one or two out there at this time, but I'm betting that they won't be there long 'cause they were raised in captivity and will either starve or get into real trouble when they go to feed themselves.

There may be some really big woods here in Northern PA., but there are still people here, also. Cougars need lots of room to roam. When someone brings one in on aroof rack and it's proven a wild animal, then I'll believe!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

They've been spotted in WV...and have even been photographed. None have been on my farm that I know of...but that doesn't mean they haven't been around.

I firmly believe that the DNR/PGC has had nothing to do with them...and I'm surprised they deny that they exist. They have busted numberous people in WV and Ohio for turning these type animals loose when keeping them caged up becomes too much work.

I would hope that any state commission would have more sense than to turn loose a critter in a fairly well populated area that is more than capable of eating a human. I HOPE....
Old 02-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice picture. Very compelling evidence.

Yeah! Why not? I find these threads interesting. There is only one answer to the question " Are there mountain lions in PA?" The answer is eitherYES or NO. We debate lots of things in these forums. As long as people debate and try to prove their point, in a civilized manner, more power to them.
I'm simply saying there is no concievable way this topic can be covered any differently than it has the last 13 times in the past month. But........ you're right to each their own.... carry on. I'll be anxiously awaiting the "evidence".[:-]
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in that area would like to see one, I lwonder what the price would be if someone carried one out on the " roof rack" as you say.. I live in a much more crowded area than Sproul SF and cougars have been spotted around here and photographed several times, once very close to an elementary school, so why not in the wilds of PA.

Quick Reply: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.