Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Anterless Season >

DE Anterless Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Anterless Season

Old 12-15-2005, 08:59 AM

Default DE Anterless Season

OK, since I havn't seen any posts yet, I'll start one. I made it out last Saturday, most of the day. I was at the most northern DE state lands open to deer hunting. I did not see anything in the morning, but the Dupont Club was running there hunt, and they were blasting away all morning. I quit counting after 15 vollies. I heard someone at the morning draw saying they weregoing to be doing drives. Ok, the afternoonwas like the morning, not a thing moving. That wasuntil about 5 minutes left of shooting time and I had eight to ten deer comeaccross the field I was hunting. They were scared by something because they were moving quick, not running, just quick.I was hoping they would cross by me in a better spot, but by the time the crossed, they were out a little too far. I looked down at my watch and it was 2minutes after, but I won't lie I was seriously thinging about it. Lined up the biggest doe, and then thought to my self, this is just too far. Paced off were they crossed, and it was close to 150yds, glad I didn't take that shot. I am good out to 110 or so, but that's just too far for a shot gun. Anyways I'm still flying the skunk flag. I may get back out on saturday.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DE Anterless Season

Sat pm I had 6pnt walk within 25 yrds of stand and hang around until dark - Geeez. One guy has seen same tiny deer within 25yrds of stand for 2 nights.He let it walk.They don't seem to be moving until sunset and after. Set up trail cam and in 2 days took 36 pics! Waiting for Wally World to develope. We are working most productive stands on farm.Odds are hopefully we will bag 1-2 maybe 3 before closing Sat. We are looking specifically for a wise old doe that is in the 175lb class. She is one cagey old girl.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 PM

I was going to go out this afternoon after a goose hunt, but was afraid that the freezing rain they were predicting would make the 50 mile drive home after a long day just too risky. East winds arent the best for a PM hunt for me either. Headed home. I did put some corn out though. My trail cams been out over a week and its gone off once! Cooresponds with the 1 set of tracks moving by the stand. If the bog around me stays froze, I should be able to keep the corn out there longer (the ducks have been eating it all) and the deer should start thier late season moving patterns within a week or so.

I am going to try it Saturday afternoon for the heck of it. The winds good.
Good luck and keep on um!
Old 12-17-2005, 10:42 AM

Heading out in about an hour or so. Its a comfortable day so if anything moves I expect it will be very last light. I'll post what happens.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:15 AM

All was quiet. Saw buck hauling ass across the bog at 4:35pm. Besides that, nothing. For about 15 or so mins between 4pm - 4:30pm, it sounded like a war zone on the property to our north. Im sure that didnt help our cause.

Im done hunting until after Xmas.