Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 n.j. archery-less than a week to go >

n.j. archery-less than a week to go

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

n.j. archery-less than a week to go

Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default n.j. archery-less than a week to go

my zone 21 finally opens next saturday . ive done some scouting the last 2 weeks and today was interesting. i seen a bunch of different deer from 11am till 3pm. they seem to be walking the fire roads in a daze or something. i think maybe with little rain the water situation has got them moving to look. some of them dont run away till you get on top of them with the truck. some look a bit skinny showing ribs with there red summer coat while others are getting that winter grey coat already. i wonder if this is just a genetics thing. hope we get some rain. i see my hard hard earned license money is being well spent. i dont see any sign of fall field planting or burn off. they usually have the fields at least overturned and plowed up by now. if there thinkling its gonna be a dry fall they should do a burn off to get some kind of winter feed going.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:33 PM

Default RE: n.j. archery-less than a week to go

Yupp cant wait. Went scouting zone 6 today, looks good. I already got a doe in zone 9, trying to bank my doe now. Will only be hunting zone 6 a few times. Good luck
Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

i think i am going to hunt in winslow township this year?? what zone is that and what r the regs for my license. i live in pa...hunt in de and nj. second yr in nj. i have permission to hunt a huge farm there. i deal with the vender and he gave me permission. what can i look forward to in that area??? he tells me really good stories.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

guys, what can i expect in winslow township in terms of the quality of the deer there??? it is a large farm and i am thinking of hunting the standing corn to start and starting a mineral lick to attract a few more animals if i can. esp with the rut approaching. alot of water around...nice looking fresh water...lots of crops...just a matter of scouting it out
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

brother got one doe in the boat today. my other brother had a release malfunction at 10 yards. i saw a spike and 2 does a little too far to shootall in all a great day and looks like plenty of deer this year.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:19 PM

I hunted in the pm and didnt see a deer. Seen lots of bucks chasing does in a field saturday morning. I thought it was alittle early for thatbut i guess its time to get out the scents.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

MONDAY i saw 8 and stalked a couple with no luck in the afternoon. it must have been near 85 degrees. this season is reminding me of the early 80-s when you would see 40 deer a day just walking around. im gonna try to put the sneak on one this year. im gonna resist the baited stands with all this action going on. my brother had 5 come in close but no shots for the lefty shooter. i walked in at dark to get him out the stand and nearly walked into deer. i was coughing and whistling the whole way in. the deer are kinda not too spooky this year. alot of the does with fawns i drive up on with the vehicle dont even run away. cant put my finger on it but i think little water with a exploded population and mild winter has alot to do with it. friday looks better temperature wise.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM

Liquidorange where are you hunting. So far only hunted in zone 8 and 9. Took a doe in 9 but havent seen any bucks in the woods except alittle spike. I seen bucks chasing does in the field close to where i hunt in 9 and thats it. Your spot sounds pretty good.