Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cost to hunt in NJ >

Cost to hunt in NJ

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cost to hunt in NJ

Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cost to hunt in NJ

If you guys feel New Jersey is to expensive to hunt, then just don't hunt here. Go to another state then, if not stop your crying and enjoy what this state has to offer as far as hunting.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't
Old 09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

For the price of my license and a doe permit for zone 8 I am able to take with a shotgun 88 doe and 2 bucks....I also get to hunt rabbits, squirrel, crow, grouse, non-stocked pheasant, fox, coyote, woodcock, Opossum, Groundhog and Raccoon.....Not bad for a $27.50 license and a $28.00 doe permit....I can put plenty of meat in the freezer for that amount!!!!!
It may cost more to live and hunt here in NJ but the money here to be made is second to none!!!! NJ is loaded with money and loaded with people spending it!!!! I couldn't come close to making the money I make in most of these other places.....
The way I see it If I wasn't spending this money on hunting I would be spending it on something else to pass the time....To me there is no better pass time or any better way to spend my money!!! Thats why I buy all the stamps and permits for all the other game I like to hunt...I would gladly pay more if it will help keep hunting and fishing alive and well in NJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

I also get 44 days of deer hunting for that price and over 750,000 acres of public land to hunt on!!!! Not bad for the most densely populated state in the USA!!!! Not to mention it has the highest deer density as well....
Old 09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

lets see. 31.50$ for archery 28$ for extended bow permit (xs2) 27.50$ for firearm and 28$ (xs2) for doe permits. 28$ for a muzzleoader licence 9.50$ for rifle permit. im not gonna include bird stamps or waterfowl as i only get those once in a while as time allows. and i gave up on turkey permits because i can hunt any part of the state in pennsy and IS INCLUDED under there deer license. THATS AROUND 208$ . when i see atv riders cutting through my hunting areas on state land and striper fisherman flooding my town throwing there trash all over the place for free i say i pay enough. nature is reproducing the deer. the state manages it. i just think the hunters are paying the most.i know we have biologists and other expenses but why should deer hunting cost anything? its a big money maker thats all.if its not about the money how about letting service men or people out of work hunt and fish for free to supplement food for the family. not all of us are making the big bucks. we live in a prosperous state but just because some of us make a good living it dont mean that the state should keep prices out of wack.TRY ASKING YOUR WIFE FOR 208$ WHEN YOUVE JUST BEEN LAYED OFF OR ON UNEMPLOYMENT. also my teenage brother shure doesnt have 208$ dollars to blow on hunting.just look at the stats. fishing license purchases are down and the number of hunters keeps getting lower. i wonder why?. the deer density is high as is the people population in the state. houses are going up everywhere so the deer get to breed like rats behind houses and small wood lots where they cant be hunted. it aint the state making fawns. i work with and know an old timer or 2 that just dont go anymore.price isisnt the only reason but its a big part of the decision im sure. anyway enough complaining back to HUNTING
Old 09-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

When money gets tight, you need to cut back...not just with hunting but everything.... For the price of your license and 1 doe permit you can get a lot of hunting in....Add just one bow season and you get a lot more hunting in.... You might not be able to do every season for every weapon just like you may not be able to go to the movies or out to dinner as much but you can still get in some good hunting at a good price.....When your money situation gets better you can do more...It's never easy no matter where you live...Enjoy the seasons everyone....
Old 09-15-2005, 02:41 PM

I am a MD resident and i buy every stamp you can get (muzzleloader,bow, migratory bird) and it all equals about 70-80. I also purchased a pa non resident (i live 5 miles south of pa) which cost 156.80 for everything except the bear stamp. not bad if you ask me.In Rip off NJ however:

Non-Resident Firearm Hunting
$135.50

Non-Resident Bow & Arrow Hunting
$135.50

Non-Resident Waterfowl Stamp
$10.00

Deer Permits for Bow, Shotgun or Muzzleloader
$28.00

Turkey Season Permit
$21.00

these total 330.00 for me to get the same stamps and rights to hunt in NJ. I hate NJ-I grew most of my life there and i moved to MD 5 years ago (i am 31 now). I tried to transfer back with my company and was granted my request. I started looking at house around 300-350,000 and was told my property taxes would be between 11,000 and 15,000 dollars a year! Well my house in Md cost 440,000 and i pay 3,900.00 a year.Who the heck would move to nj and how the heck are you ever supposed to retire in nj if you have to shell out 1,100 - 1500.00 a month in property taxes even if your house is completely paid off? You guys must all be rich over there in New Jersey. The funny thing is that these property taxes were in south jersey - i heard north jersey is even worse.

Also, What is this B.S. that you have to fill out a form and have it certified that you dont owe child support money before your granted your right to get your huntng license.

Also, (1 more) Why is NJ making hard working people pay a welfare tax to support the poor? I understand some people need it so dont think i'm bashing it but why are they one of the few if not the only state that has it.
I am so happy here in MD and encourage everyone to leave that state!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Isn't it funny how the state everyone seems to hate so much has more people per square mile then any other state!? For such a rotten place there sure is a lot of people trying to cram in here to live.....NJ has4 of the top10 richest counties in the USA...All those people with all that money....This place is a contractors dream come true! Say what you will...This place is worth every penny I pay..... It's not for everyone. It's not easy keeping up with the fast pace. I see a lot of people who can't hack it moving to places with a slower pace so they can keep up.....Good luck to all of you....