HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cost to hunt in NJ
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cost to hunt in NJ

lets see. 31.50$ for archery 28$ for extended bow permit (xs2) 27.50$ for firearm and 28$ (xs2) for doe permits. 28$ for a muzzleoader licence 9.50$ for rifle permit. im not gonna include bird stamps or waterfowl as i only get those once in a while as time allows. and i gave up on turkey permits because i can hunt any part of the state in pennsy and IS INCLUDED under there deer license. THATS AROUND 208$ . when i see atv riders cutting through my hunting areas on state land and striper fisherman flooding my town throwing there trash all over the place for free i say i pay enough. nature is reproducing the deer. the state manages it. i just think the hunters are paying the most.i know we have biologists and other expenses but why should deer hunting cost anything? its a big money maker thats all.if its not about the money how about letting service men or people out of work hunt and fish for free to supplement food for the family. not all of us are making the big bucks. we live in a prosperous state but just because some of us make a good living it dont mean that the state should keep prices out of wack.TRY ASKING YOUR WIFE FOR 208$ WHEN YOUVE JUST BEEN LAYED OFF OR ON UNEMPLOYMENT. also my teenage brother shure doesnt have 208$ dollars to blow on hunting.just look at the stats. fishing license purchases are down and the number of hunters keeps getting lower. i wonder why?. the deer density is high as is the people population in the state. houses are going up everywhere so the deer get to breed like rats behind houses and small wood lots where they cant be hunted. it aint the state making fawns. i work with and know an old timer or 2 that just dont go anymore.price isisnt the only reason but its a big part of the decision im sure. anyway enough complaining back to HUNTING