" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Western PA Scoutting Report >

Western PA Scoutting Report

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Western PA Scoutting Report

Old 09-06-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Western PA Scoutting Report

For the first time last night I saw horns. Finally. Two nice 8 points were spotted last last night. I have noticed that they are moving late...I hope they stick around until Oct 1st....
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Western PA Scoutting Report

I just saw 3 bucks, 2 really nice ones this morning in my back yard (which is one of my hunting areas). I hope to have the screen grabs off the video later this week. This will start the 2005 edition of my Backyard Bucks series.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM

I've come across about 9 bucks were I hunt by Pitt. Inter. Airport. 2 are true monsters and the others are Mid-size to Small as far as Racks go. The buck I've been hunting for 3 years is still on the hoof. With any luck I'll get him this season.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pictures. I apologize for the quality. These are screen captures from a video taken at 6:30am.

The bigger buck is a Non Typical. The left side is pretty odd. This buck is missing his back right leg. Here are a couple of pictures of him from March.

Here are a couple of pictures from my family room this morning...

Old 09-07-2005, 06:39 PM

Those are some great pics.. looks like you will have a good year in the treestand...good luck...
Old 09-16-2005, 05:26 PM

I was out this morning, what a soaker, just seeing what I could see from one of my observation stands and still managed to see alot of movement and some horns. The only thing I am baffled by is some of the bucks I am seeing still seem to be in the development stages(mushroom racks). I dont know if by Oct. 1st this will drastically change or not but I'll keep everyone posted.