Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cost to hunt in NJ >

Cost to hunt in NJ

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cost to hunt in NJ

Old 09-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cost to hunt in NJ

To put it all in persepective, here is what I paid this year for Nevada as a resident.

Combo hunt/fish - covers small game, and the privlidge to apply for big game. Covers fishing for the entire state - $54
Upland bird stamp - $10
Trout stamp - $10
Application fees for deer, elk, mountain goat, and sheep tags- $58
Cost of only tag I drew - cow elk (16 day season, will hunt 9)- $120
I still have to get my duck stamps - $25 (maybe)
That totals $252 for me to hunt rabbits, upland birds, doves, and elk, and fish all year long. For the water fowl, it would total $277. I didn't draw deer or anything else, and didn't apply for turkey at all. I may still apply for a swan tag, which would add another $20 to the equation on top of the duck stamps. But, if you break that down to per day cost, I still spend less than $1 per day for the entire privelidge.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

its becoming the sport of the rich. if they would at least combine some of the silly permits together and make life easier i would pay extra for that. i mean do we really need to have rifle permits? i get the feeling new jersey is the only state that you have to pass a seperate course and pay for an extra permit to shoot a muzzleoader. cant they just teach the single projectile theories in the general shotgun course? extended bow is a joke![:@] let the state try force an extended trout fishing season a month after it opens or a fall trout fishing permit and then youll see some pissed off people. the hunters in the state always foot the bill it seems. maybe because we are more passionate about our sport. anyway with the cost of gas im already planning my season with fewer permits and trips.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I was fortunate enough to get a resident Comprehensive Lifetime license before they stopped issuing them . Other than gas , etc. it will cost me exactly nothing to hunt here for the rest of my life .
Old 09-06-2005, 09:49 AM

Here in PA I have around 70 bucks or so with the archery, muzzleloader, bear and doe tags. Plus ten bucks for a chance at an elk tag. A small price to pay for six weeks of happiness.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the money, look at the number of deer your can harvest here in NJ....To me is a bargin
Old 09-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Kevin1....you must love to be hated, 'cause I hate you
Old 09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWHUNTERCOP- i use to think that way about the quantity thing and evidentley the state must too but honestly if i get a doe or 2 in the freezer and work on getting a nice buck that is all i want out of a season. the state doesnt produce the game when it comes to deer . for the most part they manage it by keeping numbers adjusted and that about it. i dont think maintaining roads and planting a rye field here and there justifies my deer hunting fees. i think the financial pie is divided poorly with deer hunters picking up the tab for things like ocean studies and administrative fees.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

For the money, look at the number of deer your can harvest here in NJ....To me is a bargin
No comparison between NJ and MD IMO.

I havn't bought my Md permit yet but last year it was I beleive $35 for everything cept waterfowl. Harvest as many deer as you can in most of the state too.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I stand corrected I didnt even have to buy a quality buck tag... this year for res. Delaware... Rick you must be hunting as a Md. resident......
Old 09-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, I hold a md address and my truck has always been registered there.

Quick Reply: Cost to hunt in NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.