Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any Rut Activity in MN yet? >

Any Rut Activity in MN yet?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Rut Activity in MN yet?

Old 11-04-2004, 11:23 AM

Default Any Rut Activity in MN yet?

Hello MN Hunters...

Wondering if you have seen any rut activity in southern MN?

Just today this morning, on my way to work I saw a huge rack, about 100 yards away from the highway, standing looking towards to the field. Couldn't make out how many points that rack..but he was HUGE! The spread of the rack looked like it's almost 2-3 feet wide! Nearly drove off the road when I tried to focus longer! Couldn't find a spot to turn around and look it again..

That tells me I think the bucks are roaming around more often now during the daytime...

What do you think?

macintosh
Old 11-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Rut Activity in MN yet?

They are into it here in WI, you should be the same. Saw a huge buck last night with a single doe, keeping all the other bucks away. I saw them together only about 100 yards away this morning at 8:30 and another 100 away at 10:30. He's sticking to her like glue and she's not running. They must be starting to breed a few. You guys should have a good opener this weekend.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:37 PM

hello macintosh again lol.. seems like you love to deer hunt lol.. i was reading in the earth scent one... and you sure cant wait till saturday lol... well we have a 10-11 pointer on the place were hunting.. we got a big 8 pointer last year... hopefully gonna get this 10-11 pointer on saturday morning, just like i know your gonna be goin out early.. oh ya.. sounds like you have enough cover scent lol.. well gl
Old 11-04-2004, 01:16 PM

MNPheasantHunter -

Ha ha...

Yeah..I tend to get "overboard" a couple of things.

Looks to me that this weekend looks like it's going to be pretty warm, a little unusual. Highs for 60's for Saturday, and Sunday for 50's and dry! But hey, that's Minnesoat! One day it's 70's and the next it's 20's!

Don't overdress and get all hot and sweaty when you walk over to your stand! Put it (coat/overalls) on once you GET to the stand.

macintosh
Old 11-06-2004, 02:14 PM

ya, the rut is on.been out bow hunting and seen a few good rubs and fresh scrapes.my one son has 2 deer so far with a bow.