Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Rut Activity

Old 11-16-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Rut Activity

You guys seeing any bucks chasing. I'm still seeing a lot of does, but no chasing yet. I hunt in East Tennessee and hopefully the cold weather coming will get 'em started.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Rut Activity

I hunt in South AR. and have seen a little chasing by small bucks. I'm also hoping the cooler weather will get them big boys in the mood!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, this past Monday morning was the first time I saw a good buck on the trail of a doe. He was 15 minutes behind her and came down the exact same trail as she did. He stopped exactly where she did, broadside with his head down, smelling her scent on the ground, 62 yards in front of my stand. My 7MM Browningmade a real bad day for him and I harvested a 171 lb, 10 pointer at 7:40 AM that morning. With the COLD temps coming this weekend, the rut here in central NC will be kicking in well I think. Good luck!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 PM

I've been out twice here in VA and saw rut activity both times. I had just settled inot my treestand when I heard a couple grunts from the field in fron of me. Three deer ran right through the field, bu tit was too dark to see them. They ran all over the place in the brush grunting and carrying on. I wished for daylight, but by then it was all over.

The next trip I heard a buck grunting and chasing does. I finally saw the does and the spike that was chasing them. This weather should really fire'em up!