Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!? >

Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!?

Old 10-29-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!?

hello all, currently i live in Mankato, Minnesota and I pheasant hunt in Judson and Madison lake.. i also deer hunt in Madison Lake... hope there are some others who live near me!! plz reply anyone!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!?

I live and hunt around Grand Meadow ( about 20 miles south of rochester). I also gun hunt around chatfield.

Tom
Old 10-30-2004, 02:16 PM

Hey MNPheasant Hunter

I'm originally from LaCrescent MN and just relocated to Manakto. Actually havent found a place yet but looked at one the other day in Madison Lake. All the land that I hunt is back home so I go back there on my days off, but I'm hoping to learn the ropes around here too. Looks like a good area for deer and ducks. We didnt have too many pheasants in the extreme SE, but always thought it would be fun some day.

MN purple
Old 10-31-2004, 08:02 AM

ya, madison lake is the best hunting around mankato... we hunt my grandpa's farm, i think he has like 152 acres of thick woods, and a swamp for duck hunting, also he has great pheasant hunting there. i shot my first deer @ there farm last year, and my dad got a big 8 pointer. so ya you can duck hunt, pheasant hunt, and deer hunt on his property, its really cool, and there nice people but dont ask them on deer hunting weekends, cause they dont let no one hunt there property, during pheasant season, they like some people hunt there property but not much.....
Old 11-01-2004, 02:03 PM

Hello all!

Just signed up today. Came across the website by accicent. Awsome site!
I live in Janesville, MN, it's just 10 miles south of Mankato, MN. I usually hunt in Good Thunder area with my cousin there. This will be my 4th year hunting for deer.

I'm wondering what is the deer activity around here? What rut stage is the buck's at? Is it at the rut peak? See I have a hard time getting out, I work in an office and it's usually late (6pm) by the time I get out and it's an hour drive to home. So it's hard for me to determine what's happening here. I saw 4 deer last saturday night on the way to a halloween party in Good Thunder, one of them was a 8 pointer, and the rest are does.

I'm hunting this coming weekend, Nov 6th and 7th.

Anyone else in that area in around Good Thunder, Janesville, Pemperton area?

macintosh
Old 11-01-2004, 06:06 PM

hello macintosh... i use to live in Amboy but moved to mankato, and i hunt madison lake.. thats close kinda lol...
EDIT: oh yea.. im hunting the first weekend this year, just got the license today! CANT WAIT to get up early and get on the road!! HOOAH
Old 11-04-2004, 08:37 AM

ok.. anyone else hunt northern iowa or southern minnesota.. would be cool to get a group together and hunter together
Old 11-04-2004, 10:40 AM

MNPheasantHunter -

That's an idea! I'm there. Send me an addy and let's get talk about this!

Good Luck this weekend! Let me know how you do.

Macintosh
Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 PM

hello macintosh.. hey do you got msn? or aol? or yahoo? i would really like to talk to you some more because you seem so excited just like i am this weekend.. post some pics if you get a deer.. i'll be posting some if i do!! ok? if you do have msn.. add me [email protected] .... u seem like a kewl guy
Old 11-04-2004, 01:11 PM

MNPheasantHunter -

Sent you an email.

Good Luck!

Macintosh

Quick Reply: Who all hunts Southern Minnesota!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.