Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 N.E. Wisconsin Hunters ? >

N.E. Wisconsin Hunters ?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

N.E. Wisconsin Hunters ?

Old 08-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default N.E. Wisconsin Hunters ?

Any hunters out there from N.E. Wis. Archery Season is fast approching ! What does every one think about the Earn -A - Buck that we are faced with this year ? Comments from any one !! My biggest complaint is the early T-Zone Hunt, I wish it was held a couple of weeks earlier.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: N.E. Wisconsin Hunters ?

Welcome! I like the earn-a-buck, but don't like the fact that the early T-zone is during the beginning of the rut.[:-]
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 PM

i am kinda NE Wisconsin. it kinda depends. im close to Wausau.
i dont mind the EAB thing but i dis like that darn early tzone. they should make it before bowseason
Old 08-24-2004, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Beagle001

i am kinda NE Wisconsin. it kinda depends. im close to Wausau.
i dont mind the EAB thing but i dis like that darn early tzone. they should make it before bowseason
I don't like the Early T-zone before the regular gun season because it can make the deer nocturnal, which makes still hunting more difficult. If I had 1000 acres of my own land I wouldn't care about it, but deer cover more than my 200 acres and when the neighbors come in from the big city for the weekend and shoot all day at anything that moves during the early T-zone it tends to the make the deer a little nervous for the rest of the hunting season.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:02 AM

early T-zone it tends to the make the deer a little nervous for the rest of the hunting season.
There Nervous Because Of Bow Hunters Going Around. There Nervous Because People Are Out In Woods Alot More To Check There Bait Piles And Other Stuff So One Way Of Another There Gonna Be Nervous.
I Would Like The Tzone Better If It Was Earlyer. Yes Its Makes Deer More Cautious. But TIf It Was Earlyer Then They Would Settle Down Somewhat But Theres Still Hunters Out There,
Old 08-26-2004, 02:01 AM

earn a buck does achieve more dead deer in the areas where they apply it. however wouldn't it be nice to have a trophy exemption, a forkhorn could be a trophy to a 12 year old. and then be required to shoot 2 or 3 more does before your next buck, have it carry over to next year for the rack only guys, that way if a ninty year old guy wants to shoot the buck of his life he can. Many of these programs sound great but they change little on the private lands of wisconsin that are bound by few hunters and lots of acreage. The masses pay the price. They can micro manage every trout stream and body of water in this state, and the revenue from this is pittle to the rev from deer tags and deer hunting. WHY won't they Micro manage our deer and start putting pressure on the areas where people won't shoot deer.

The early season seems to have the effect of moving deer to these no hunt or big buck hunt havens, and lessens the overall impact of having the whole workforce in the field at once. I am not sure if earlier or after the regular season would be better.
bottom line the majority of the problem is a greed issue of big buckism.
What we all should be more concerned with is what effect these changes and approaches will have on our beloved passion and way of life. It will all be for naught if the gov't is poisoning deer and we can't hunt them because our right to bare arms has been taken away.
We are losing numbers fast!
Deer in dumpstes makes me sick. Isn't that a fine thing for our young hunters to see. I wonder if the wasting law has ever been removed from the books?