Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Hunters >

Wisconsin Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Hunters

Old 12-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Wisconsin Hunters

Go to the bowhunting forum and vote if you will be buying a deer license! If all you vote it will be interesting to see the numbers for next year!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters

I saw your poll, but was not sure what you were really asking.. are we or are we not going to hunt with bow, rifle or both.. so I did not answer.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The poll won't matter, we will stil have over 800K hunters next year. Read what guys posted, they won't give up hunting even if there are "no" deer.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Handles

The poll won't matter, we will stil have over 800K hunters next year. Read what guys posted, they won't give up hunting even if there are "no" deer.

Sorry handles, I just thought it would be interesting to see what the numbers were! Take a chill pill!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I saw your poll, but was not sure what you were really asking.. are we or are we not going to hunt with bow, rifle or both.. so I did not answer.

Its a simple question!!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

In your simple poll... I do not intend to purchase a bow or rifle license because of the low herd numbers. Sowhere would I mark? Or would I not mark at all? So is this simple question aimed at justthe license you intend to purchase or what about those that are notgoing to purchase at all? Simple right?

Further, handles comment about the number of hunters.. if we can knock that number downby 10, 20, or 30% even.. the impact will be tremendous on the DNR's pocket book. I truly hope that the hunters that are upset do not purchase a license. Also if your a landowner, don't allow hunters on your property. That's how we can make a diffrerence. No matter how small it is.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Cayugad:

I'm with you. Look at the revenue the DNR will loose if say 20% stay home and don't buy a license, not to mention the lost revenuefor hunting supplies and other revenue created by the hunters.
It don't have to be an all or nothing approach, because we don't need everyone but It would be nice if we could though. You know there are always some guys that say it can't be done, but any hunters and land owners on board will make a statement that cannot be over looked. I have stated in previous posts that my farm and neighboring farms equaling nearly 2000 acres are not hunting and not letting anyone on next year. Now if we can get enough farmers and land owners to do this even if some guys want to hunt - (good luck finding a place). We have already decided this is our plan. If the DNR lends a deaf ear this spring then you will read what we are doing in the news paper,and we will send letters out to the papers in neighboring counties..Who says it won't work? While the guys that don't want to get on board are over run by hunters that don't have a place to hunt. The good ol DNR will have a problem they cannot control. This will get their attention. I'm in for the long haul, We could do this till we get results. ( I will be the guy counting the deer and watching it grow!!!!) A DEER SANCTUARY- safe from the DNR. You will see more and more doing these type measures.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54 Look at the revenue the DNR will loose if say 20% stay home and don't buy a license, .....
The DNR will loose ZERO revenue. The DNR budget is set by the Joint Finance Committee. License sales go into the State General Fund. License sales going up or down has never effected the DNR budget because it is fixed. Passionate, informed deer hunters have known this for many years.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

NOT ONLY LISC. FEES - GOODS AND SERVICES WILL ALSO BE A LARGE BLOW TO THE STATE!
IT DON'T MATTER WHICH FUND IT GOES TO.

The big picture is we will see more deer!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i plan on buying abow and gunlicense next year whether theres no deer left