Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisconsin Hunters? >

Wisconsin Hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Hunters?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Hunters?

After recently watching a Drury Outdoor video, I couldn't help but notice that the Wisconsin Boys (Peplinski& Pitcher)were wearing "license plate" sized hunting licenses on the back of there jackets. Does Wisconsin DNR really make their hunters weartheir lincenses on the outside of their clothes?And why do they have to be so incredibly big? I know Ohio used to employ that regulation back in the day, but they were never the monstrosities that Wisconsin's are. Just an observation, any thoughts?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters?

Yeah that's true, but it doesn't bother me. Now as to why they're so big?? no idea.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Yes they do make us wear those big ugly things. Bright Green. I always understood it as another saftey measure, so people could see you from a distance. Understandable precaution during gun season IMO, but for bow season I think it is a little stupid and I know a ton of people that don't wear theirs during bow season.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

They are pretty big. This year the license itself is neon yellow and the holders are usually neon organge. But they are on you back so you don't really think much about them. I usually clip mine to my pack and lay a bandana over it while I'm in my tree.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that a large part of the reason as to why the licenses are so big, and the numbers are so big are for identification purposes.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Can I cover mine up? I always thought you had to have it in the middle of your back and visible at all times (as in not covered by a hood or something)to be legal. I wouldn't mind wearing it on the walk in or out but on stand, I'm guessing it's pressed up against a tree most of the time.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I just picked up my second $20 flashy "license plate"!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Angry Beaver (nice nic),

By law it should be exposed all of the time. If it's on your pack then it is visible walking out and back from the woods. If I hear GW coming I can always flip my camo bandana over ot show the license. Bottom line is it should be shown at all times.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Tikka,

Your lucky. I pay $320 each year (160/160) for non-res bow and gun.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 3stone

Tikka,

Your lucky. I pay $320 each year (160/160) for non-res bow and gun.
Where at in Sauk Co do you hunt. I'm from Portage in Columbia Co. and occasionally get into Sauk and Marquette counties to hunt

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.