Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL  FOID card delay ?? >

IL FOID card delay ??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL FOID card delay ??

Old 05-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IL FOID card delay ??

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

OK mine is due to expire 11/01/2009.

My renewal went in the mail today.

Let's see how it goes.
OK it went in the mail 04/23/2009 and I got it in yesterday's mail (05/27/2009).

WOW! That is absolutely the fastest I have ever gotten one back - 35 days.

And it is an entirely different look with a hologram on it. Kinda looks like a health club membership card or something with a big ol handsome guy on it.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn, that was quick! Good for you, I was thinking it was going totake you at least a few months. Looks like they might be catching up after the rush last year. I hope people don't wait until August to renew if their card is almost up. I think it will slow down again when Hunting season comes back around.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think my nephew sent his in a few days after me. Let's see if his shows up soon, too.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda looks like a health club membership card or something with a big ol handsome guy on it.
I'm so sorry to hear they sent you the wrong card.
Hope you get it corrected soon.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

Kinda looks like a health club membership card or something with a big ol handsome guy on it.
I'm so sorry to hear they sent you the wrong card.
Hope you get it corrected soon.

Oh it's the right card alright. When I look at it, it is just like looking into a mirror.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Spike

Angry Stil waiting

I sent my application in on April 17, 2013. My check was cashed May 7, 2013. I called 217-782-7980 on June 14, 2013 to check the status. At that time I was told my background check had not yet been completed, but to give it a week or so.

Well, I called July 23, 2013 and guess what I was told? My background check is still processing. I would think that a nice lawsuit from all of us waiting would speed things up. I feel that my right to own a gun is being infringed upon.

Melissa
Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Spike

Default Calling back

Originally Posted by mlpntr
I sent my application in on April 17, 2013. My check was cashed May 7, 2013. I called 217-782-7980 on June 14, 2013 to check the status. At that time I was told my background check had not yet been completed, but to give it a week or so.

Well, I called July 23, 2013 and guess what I was told? My background check is still processing. I would think that a nice lawsuit from all of us waiting would speed things up. I feel that my right to own a gun is being infringed upon.

Melissa
The nice lady on the other end did say that I should call back weekly to check on it.
FYI, I have never been in a mental institution, Did a conditional discharge on a phone harassment charge 12 years ago (called ex an A-hole over the phone. Who knew it was a crime in Illinois?) and had battery charges dismissed 5 years ago for slapping my then 16 year old daughter for calling me a f-ing B***. No other "crimes" and no other reason to block issuance. And if stating a fact on the phone and using corporal punishment on a crazy teenager is something to prevent issuance, then I'm moving to Texas.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Spike

It's always slow like that. Mine expired 1 November last year. I sent it in at the end of August. 12 November rolled around, still nothing. It took 13 tries to get past the busy signal, and when I finally got through, there was about a 30 minute wait on hold.

It's atrocious, but be a little patient. I feel sorry for the people who work there, they're being used as pawns in a game between the state and it's residents. I'm sure they keep the office underfunded on purpose.

Anyways, off the soapbox...

When I finally got through, the (very nice) lady on the other end found my renewal in her stack of apps that still had to complete the background check. She shuffled it to the front (probably because it had already expired) and I got my new one about 2 weeks later.

God only knows the mess that is going to be the CCW permit process