Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Lost FOID card? >

Lost FOID card?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Lost FOID card?

Old 11-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Lost FOID card?

hey guys,
quick question here. i hunt in illinois, and in a couple weeks slug season is coming up. it seems that every time around hunting season, within a month or so, i lose my FOID card. i think its just because i keep it with my hunting stuff, and with bowhunting and scouting or whatever, i end up misplacing it. I currently have a valid FOID card, if they were to check in the database, however, if i did not have one on my person, and got stopped, would would happen do you think? Is it something like driving and not having a license on you, where you could bring a license to the courthouse within X amount of days? Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lost FOID card?

You better start looking a little harder. Yes, the law states that any person in possesion or charge of a firearm, must have in their possesion, a valid and legally obtained firearms owner identification card.

I feel for you, I really do.

I always find things I'm looking for in the last place I look. Start in the last place you would look and it should speed the process up.