Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL  FOID card delay ?? >

IL FOID card delay ??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL FOID card delay ??

Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL FOID card delay ??

Thanks guys.

I finally got in touch with somebody in the FOID office.
It seems they are VERY understaffed, and get calls constantly, all day.
That's why the FOID phone line is always busy.
I got through when I called the ISP Deputy Director's office, and asked to for some help. I got transferred over to the FOID Dept right away, and everyone was very helpful, courteous, and professional.

It turns out the delay was partially my own fault. When I moved, I failed to give them my new address, thinking that my mail forwarding request at the US Post Office would get it to me, and then I would do an address change with the ISP later, rather than send in a new app and confuse things during the renewal.

It turns out that a FOID card is one of those things that cannot be forwarded in the mail. So my card, approved and sealed with a kiss, had sat on someone's desk for months without anyone calling me or writing to me about it. Lesson learned, but I wasa bit disappointed that no one could take the time to let me know what was going on.

Anyway, just wanted to follow up and let everybody know what really happened, and that my problem wasn't caused entirely by somebody in Springfield sitting on their butt. It was caused by the cuts made by our former Governor BLAGO. Should have guessed.

Sure pays to renew way ahead. You never know how long it will take.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

OK, mine expires 4/09. I just renewed mine yesterday 2/27/09. We'll see how long this takes.[:@]
Stll nothing as of today. I called and the "Nice Sargent" that took my call said if I don't have by next week to call back. BS I'm going to complain to my State Rep and see if he can do any good.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ISP's website states this...

Most applications are processed within 30 days from the date your payment is processed at your financial institution. If you have not received a card or letter by the end of the 30 day processing period, you may contact a customer service representative at 217-782-7980, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
See when your payment was debited from your account, and count days from there.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, mine expires 4/09. I just renewed mine yesterday 2/27/09. We'll see how long this takes.[:@]
Stll nothing as of today. I called and the "Nice Sargent" that took my call said if I don't have by next week to call back. BS I'm going to complain to my State Rep and see if he can do any good.

Hmmmmmm, Called my State Rep's office yesterday 4/20 and complained, asked if there was anything that could be done to speed things along. Just for giggles and grins I call ISP FOID Office today and checked the status of my card. Wouldn't you know it, I'm being backround checked as we speak, should have my card in 10 -12 days, so they say. Damn funny I can get a CCW from PA for $26 for five years in 12 days, and they don't know me from a load of firewood and my own state can't get it right in 1.5 months. I can CCW in PA, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesse, Missouri, OK, Texas, and a few other states. Go figure.....
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can get a CCW from PA for $26 for five years in 12 days, and they don't know me from a load of firewood and my own state can't get it right in 1.5 months.
Nice. ...and IL's FOID doesn't even allow carry.
Something is wrong here.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

its funny, but i was an Illinois resident for most of my life and had to have an FOID card with me to hunt and buy ammo. now that I am a non-resident, i don't need one to do all that stuff as long as i have a hunting license. wild....
Old 04-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK mine is due to expire 11/01/2009.

My renewal went in the mail today.

Let's see how it goes.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

OK mine is due to expire 11/01/2009.

My renewal went in the mail today.

Let's see how it goes.

I think you did the right thing renewing now. First of Nov. is about the time everyone looks at their cardbefore deer season and does a O-$hit.... I'm looking for my card to show up anyday. It's suppose to be near 80 today and I'm missing out on some good range time. Just piss's me the hell off to have to have this FOID BS....[:@]
Old 04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

My nephew dropped his in the post office's mailbox today. It will go out tomorrow AM. We'll have to wait and see how long his takes.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmm, Called my State Rep's office yesterday 4/20 and complained, asked if there was anything that could be done to speed things along. Just for giggles and grins I call ISP FOID Office today and checked the status of my card. Wouldn't you know it, I'm being backround checked as we speak, should have my card in 10 -12 days, so they say. Damn funny I can get a CCW from PA for $26 for five years in 12 days, and they don't know me from a load of firewood and my own state can't get it right in 1.5 months. I can CCW in PA, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesse, Missouri, OK, Texas, and a few other states. Go figure.....
OK, Guess what showed up in the mail today.....Yep finally got my FOID card. So I sent it off Feb 27th and just now got it. It's worth contacting your state rep. if your getting jerked around. I went from not even being in "their system" to having it 7 days after I called my representative. Makes you wonder...... So now that I'm legal and all the weather turned to crap. Rain all week, won't be able to get to the range.[:@]

Quick Reply: IL FOID card delay ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.