HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunters

Cayugad:

I'm with you. Look at the revenue the DNR will loose if say 20% stay home and don't buy a license, not to mention the lost revenuefor hunting supplies and other revenue created by the hunters.
It don't have to be an all or nothing approach, because we don't need everyone but It would be nice if we could though. You know there are always some guys that say it can't be done, but any hunters and land owners on board will make a statement that cannot be over looked. I have stated in previous posts that my farm and neighboring farms equaling nearly 2000 acres are not hunting and not letting anyone on next year. Now if we can get enough farmers and land owners to do this even if some guys want to hunt - (good luck finding a place). We have already decided this is our plan. If the DNR lends a deaf ear this spring then you will read what we are doing in the news paper,and we will send letters out to the papers in neighboring counties..Who says it won't work? While the guys that don't want to get on board are over run by hunters that don't have a place to hunt. The good ol DNR will have a problem they cannot control. This will get their attention. I'm in for the long haul, We could do this till we get results. ( I will be the guy counting the deer and watching it grow!!!!) A DEER SANCTUARY- safe from the DNR. You will see more and more doing these type measures.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!