Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Hounds running deer >

Hounds running deer

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hounds running deer

Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hounds running deer

Spanking your children ain't dead and neither is dog hunting for deer in the South, not by a longshot. You opinion is simply your opinion and not based in fact or law.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

People will bitch about dog runners till the end of time. In missouri it's illegal to run dogs, do we, hell yes we do. People who gripe about dog runners or say I'll quit hunting deer if it is legalized, then quit. The woods will be with less people. Dog runners don't wipe deer out and they don't go trespassing on peoples property. Thats why they have tracking collers. People hunt with dogs where I live and they will continue to do so. If the out-of-state hunters don't like it then stay in your state and shut up. People who bitch about dog runners killing lots of deer need to ride with a dog runner, mostly driving and listening to the beautiful sound of dogs. Beagles not hounds.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: turkey harvester

People will bitch about dog runners till the end of time. In missouri it's illegal to run dogs, do we, hell yes we do. People who gripe about dog runners or say I'll quit hunting deer if it is legalized, then quit. The woods will be with less people. Dog runners don't wipe deer out and they don't go trespassing on peoples property. Thats why they have tracking collers. People hunt with dogs where I live and they will continue to do so. If the out-of-state hunters don't like it then stay in your state and shut up. People who bitch about dog runners killing lots of deer need to ride with a dog runner, mostly driving and listening to the beautiful sound of dogs. Beagles not hounds.
That'sthe type ofstatementthat's giving houndsmen such a poor reputation. If the hounds don't go on prohibited land, why is it such a problem with getting rid of the right-to-retrieve in VA. At least the VA houndsmen are honestenough tosay they can't keep their dogs off posted lands and it is necessary for them to trespass to recover the dogs.

Anyone in eastern VA doesn't have to ride with a houndsmen, they'll run their packs across your land whether you want them to or not.

If it's illegal for you to run hounds for deer in Missouri, what other laws do you break, trespassing, spotlighting, road hunting......or do you just pick and choose the ones you want to obey.

Perfect ending to your post. Beagles are classified as HOUNDS, I would think any "houndsmen" would know that.

F1 other that the animal rights nuts, nobody wants it banned. They just want the houndsmen to stop p*ssing on landowners and other hunters.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well put, If any man wants to run his dogs good for him. I think you have the right to do what you want. When he comes onto my property, and I'm in a stand , he better hope I'm bow hunting. If running dogs is leagal in your state, good for you,,,it's not in Illinois. It's leagal to run dogs on coyote, and fox. The guys here in Il. run walkers, I know guys that do it, I've been the shooter many times, but they will shoot a dog in a new york second that gets on a white tail , and so they should.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lab and bird hunt. Never hunted deer w/ hounds, have w/for bunnies,coons. IOf course I never hunter over bait until i moved to MI. I am an original PA hunter at heart, go out and scout pick stands and hunt them. We do deer drives and i'm telling you we drive some thick,thick jagger bushes on mountain laurel hillsides and river hill sides. I hunted MI swamps and by god you have to be careful in there. But as much as I want to say go get em' hounders, I just can't at this time. I have never been afraid of others walking in my hunting area as I have killed as many deer from them eluding the hunter. Heck 1/2 don't know i'm there. I hunt Ohio and PA now, and I think for now the rules are working for me, might change as I can't go in the deep woods later on but right now things are fine. Also when dogs are trailing they can't see signs anddon't know about property lines. Maybe if you all coordinated w/ the landowners they would appreciate a chance to shoot off your hound hunt. Of course that's just my opinion now!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turkey harvester

It's guys like you who should be stripped of your hunting RIGHTS forever, it's not a given it's a RIGHT, and to say you run dogs even though its illegal shows you have ZERO respect for hunting or it's laws. Running deer with dogs isn't even sporting,you might as well ride a quad through the woods and shoot from it...Oh wait, you prob already do that since thats not legal either.