Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Redford Range Update 2 >

Redford Range Update 2

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Redford Range Update 2

Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Redford Range Update 2

I had a busy day speaking with different insurance agents and also state reps for the IBO. The fact is that a club gets a better insurance rate by far... Is $10 a member to much to charge. This will cover the cost of the insurance and lock in a lower rate.

Question and fact 2. I spent some time in the building today and took some more accurate measurements. The building is 78 ft by 60 ft. This with proper standing area will host only a 28 yard to the back wall but, can get almost 40 from corner to corner. Is this enough yardage for your average shooter? The specs I had earlier stated were from the building owners records and I am sorry for a misconception on my part.

In my opinion I think this will be adequate for what I am trying to acomplish here. Like I have posted before this is for passion not for profit. It is also for the education for our young and new bowhunters.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Redford Range Update 2

So it would be cheaper insurance wise to have a membership at your range ?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

That is what I am getting from 3 different insurance companies that specialize in archery ranges, one being Sadler. Very, very helpful and polite people over there. There is also the IBO insurance which I am still waiting on a quote packet, he did not give me the price over the phone but, said I would like it when I got it. I am really leaning towards the Sadler offer though.

To the membership coment. I was told to think back when I was a kid LOL how much did you charge your friends to be a member of your clubhouse?? A club is just that, a name, nothing else. A member can be free, $1000000 or just to cover the insurance costs at about $10 a person, I kind of liked that idea.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure everybody can afford ten dollars for a membership fee , you shouldn't have any trouble with that.
I'll be among the first to join when the grand opennig comes around and I'll try to bring some of my old working buddies with me.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks RD. I have been pretty impressed with the response of particapation i have recieved. The stress of this is going away and the fun is about to start setting in!!!!!!