Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Redford Michigan 3D range >

Redford Michigan 3D range

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Redford Michigan 3D range

Old 12-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Redford Michigan 3D range

For a few weeks now I have been researching opening a range in Redford Mi. I have a building with up to 40 yard shots with up to 20 lanes, 15 if I elavate a couple. I am waiting on a quote from an insurance agent and hope to have this all completed late March early April. I will also have store front available for possible pro shop. Is anyone on the area interested in a new range or coming in on the pro shop part of it? Also, I have been trying to locate a DART system but with no luck. Any clues??
Old 12-31-2006, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Redford Michigan 3D range

Wow that is exciting. Most of the 3d ranges have alimited number of shoots each year. Would this be like a golf course, open certian hours of each day so I can come when I want?

Old 12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

My thoughts on this would be to run different 3 D leagues different nights like a bowling league. I also want to get involved in the ASAP (after school archery program). There would be open shooting every day from 2-7p.m. maybe earlier if their is enough people. Possibly a morning league for our hunting friends on afternoon and night shifts. Sunday trophy shoots. There are a couple places near here but, both you have to be an anual member to open shoot and the cheapest place is $300 a year. I want a place anyone can come shoot for $8 an hour and $10 a night on leagues. We'll see where I can take this in the near future...

Old 01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Bullrider, sounds like a good program.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Insurance quotes are in, a little higher than expected. I am still going forward as planned though. Monday, 1/8 I'll be going to the township here for a zoning and occupancy permit to start setting up in March. I am in no way doing this to get rich LOL. Just hope I can have enough shooters to pay the bills. I will be ordering 25 targets in Feb. Anyone have any thoughts for a good but yet inexpensive backstop? It will be 60' plus long and 8' high. Any other suggestions are appreciated...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Inexspensive arouns here are bales of hay. I know they aren't anything much, but they work. I guess they could look a little tackey, but that is what the shop around here uses. I have also seen this thick carpet used. So your arrow can still penetrate it, but causes no damage.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi BullRider
Redford not really too far away from me although the closest 3D archery range for me is Adams Archery in Milan off of Whittaker and Willow Rd. ever heard of it.
They have an outdoor and in door range , ten dollars to shoot the outdoor and seven dollars to shoot the indoor and they have a pro shop as well.
As for your backdrops , heres a suggestion try Lancaster Archery Supply Co. they might have what your looking for heres a link to there web site ( www.lancasterarcherysupply.com ) let me know when your range opens up and I'll make the trip to come out and see ya.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks RD. I have been down to Adams. Thats is where I bought my last bow. Seems they beat any price on Mathews. They were just building their indoor range when I was there last. After I get my bow re anodized I will be heading down there again for a new string. Thanks for the link I will check it out!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Next time you go over there give me a call and will shoot the range together ok , I' ll P M you with my phone no.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Good Luck BullRider115

You cancount on having one shooter since I live in Redford. Where in Redford are you looking at for the range? Keep us update on the Grand Opening.

Quick Reply: Redford Michigan 3D range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.